Chapter 10: Ignorance Is Bliss

Jack left the palace, and he immediately regretted what he did earlier. Not only did he not get any clues to where the necklace was, but Jack felt that he also had spread the gap between them even farther. Yet at the same time, Jack felt the connection between him and Juri once again, but like the stubborn woman Juri is, she snapped out of it.

.::*::.

Juri walked up the stairs and planned to enter the library. She targetted a book that she knew had to be there, a book that would teach her the key notes of a piano. Juri stopped in her tracks, then rapidly shook her head. Just the piano, did not remind of her father now, it reminded her of Jack. The way he made her feel, his touch, voice. How careful he was with me, like at any moment...I would be gone.

She rubbed her arms as she felt goosebumps rise up.

"Just forget it, afterall I've only known him for a week." Juri says to herself, walking up the rest of the stairs.

I'll just...learn for dad! Pshh it won't be for Jack, only dad!

This thought was bouncing around her mind, as she repeated this. Juri entered the library and as usual, Leukosia was inside. She sat at her regular table with books scattered around her, and Parthenope sat beside her, trying to talk with Leukosia.

"Ahh Juri, what do you need?" Leukosia says, interupting Parthenope. 

"Oh, so now you decide to speak a full on sentence and full attention, to her. Yet I've been in here since you woke up from your nap, and you barely listened to what I had to say!" Parthenope says, Juri giggles.

"I'm just in need of a music note book. Where could that be?" asked Juri. Leukosia put down her book, and stood up. She pulled Juri to a section of one of the many tall book shelves. Leukosia squinted her eyes, and pointed up to the top sections of the shelf. 

"The music books should be up in that area."

Juri nods and grabs the ladder that is attached to the shelf. She steps onto it, and slides her way over, climbing up to the top. Her eyes track every title, till she found one. Kinda of cheesy, in Juri's opinion: 'Teach Yourself Piano!', but the summary made up for it, saying that inside will show how to read, play, and create notes and chords. Juri held onto it tightly, as she slid down the ladder and onto the ground.

"If you would like, there is some music sheets you can use." Leukosia offered.

Juri smiled, "Yes of course, thank you."

Leukosia checked the drawers of her desk, and frowned.

"Oh dear, they're not here. Hmm. Juri why don't you check Ligeia's room, maybe some might be in there."

Juri somewhat froze, since no one was allowed to enter her mother's bedroom. No one, not even Juri.

"Leukosia have you gone mad?" Parthenope says, "No one is al-"

"Parthenope, this is Ligeia's daughter. You make it sound like we are letting Athura or Okypete enter the room."

Parthenope puffed an air of annoyance. There was no way of winning against Leukosia. She was wise, and actually used her head than action unlike Parthenope.

"Alright, thank you for your help." Juri says turning towards the door.

"No problem!" Leukosia said.

"Wait!"

Juri stopped and turned her head to look at Parthenope. Her brown eyes stared into Juri's bright green ones, she sighs then says:

"Stay away from that boy."

Juri's eyebrows furrowed together, "Wh-"

"That Jack Frost," Parthenope snapped, "is nothing but trouble and we all know it. He caused majority of our weapons and goods to get soaked from the cursed rain, and him and his team are just telling lies of your past. And you know it."

Juri's eyes lowered to the ground, Leukosia gave Juri a sorrowful look.

"Juri you have a species to rule- we have to rule. Nothing gets in the way remember?" Parthenope finishes.

With one final nod, Juri finally says, "You're right."

Her feet carried her out the door, and down the stairs. She's right. But that didn't stop her from entering her mother's room. When she opened the door, the room felt cold as the light of the wondow illuminated the entire room nicely. The room smelled of lavender and she spotted the king sized bed to have a light lavender colored bed sheets with flower designs. Drawers with antiques and vases with what once use to be roses, but now dead and lifeless. 

Really, no one ever entered this room, not even to change the roses. Juri felt a weight in her chest and shook it off as she walked over to one of the drawers. She opened one by one, and finally found   the music sheets. She arched an eyebrow as on top of the papers was a music sheet that had been filled out, but was unfinished because out of all the ten graphs on the first page, only one graph was filled out.

There wasn't a title either, Juri slipped her fingers under it and flipped it over. A gasp escaped her lips as she read the back. 

Andre Vaurabourg Winters

.::*::.

Leukosia stared down at the page she was on, but couldn't seem to read it. She was quite pestered by what Parthenope told Juri.

"You delibertley ment to send her to Ligeia's bedroom on purpose, didn't you?" Parthenope says through gritted teeth. Leukosia puts a white ribbon inside the book to keep her place as she says.

"You know, Ligeia never wanted this for her."

Parthenope rolls her eyes, "But Juri was destined to be the heir of her own mother, which by the way: was also Queen of Anthemoessa beside us!"

"Did you not ever listen to what Ligeia informed us that day?! She wanted a normal, stress free life for her daughter. To live happy and free with her and Andre! Now since Juri was found, everyone depends on her more than they ever depended on us or Ligeia combined!" Leukosia says, she was no longer the composed woman she normally was. Her ocean eyes were literally drilling holes into Parthenope through her glare.

"But those Guardians! Are goin-"

"Juri was- is a Guardian. That was what she was destined to be." Leukosia says.

Parthenope stands up, looked down at her.

"We will not go back to those days. The days of darkness, blood, fear." She says, "Leukosia, do you not remember what happened in that war? Without Ligeia, we were lost. For 18 years, we were lost and living with the scars of that war. But then a blessing came: Juri. Now she has restored Anthemoessa to it's full potential and to it's rightful name. Athura and Okypete's tribes stopped attacking, and gave up. Juri is what we need."

"What Juri needs, is a life she wants. Not what we have been telling her."

Parthenope frowned, "Leukosia. Why are you now deciding that this is 'wrong', when you were apart of this too?" Leukosia stood up from her seat, and with the book in her hands, she walked towards the entrance. 

"Because, today I saw something beautiful. Ligeia would never forgive us, if we kept Juri away from her Syn."

Author's Note: I apologize that this chapter didn't involve any Jack/Juri ness. But I felt that this chapter had to be apart of this book, since it shows sides of Leukosia and Parthenope that aren't revealed, a private talk to make everything click as to why they do what they do. But more will be revealed I swear! And at the side is a picture of the color of Juri's eyes since I can't really describe the color I imagined it to be, so there you go!-