Chapter 1: Mutual feelings

Nick Bateman as Dustin Fexon.  =>

Hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

''Eve, I'm so sorry I haven't come to your wedding and the birth of your son. I was in Paris getting my bachelor's degree.'' the woman said on the phone.

''It's alright. You had other things to do. When did you arrive?'' Eve asked.

''I got back last week. How's Nadia? Still the same crazy girl?''

''Yeah, that's Nadia for you. Although she has a boyfriend now.''

''Really? I'm so happy. We should meet to catch up, but not this week. I have some problems to solve.''

''I'm rather busy this week, too. ''

''Well, you have my number. Call me when both Nadia and you are free. I missed you. Both of you.''

''We missed you, too. We missed the little fire spirit of our group. I'll let you know when we are free.''

''Alright. See you soon. Bye.''

''Bye.'' Eve replied and hung up.

The woman put her phone down on the desk in front of her smiling. She missed her best-friends very much. She wanted to meet them immediately, but luck isn't on her side anymore. She had just gotten back and yet she found herself in a tiring situation created by her own brother. Sometimes she wanted to put her hands around his neck and squeeze. This was one of those moments. She knew of his decision to open a club and she fully supported him. She knew he would accomplish it. What she didn't understand was how he decided to enlist in the U.S. army and leave the management of his club to her for as long as he would be absent. She had a management degree alright, but that didn't mean she was going to use it anytime soon. Her real passion was photography. That's why she was in Paris for two years. How on earth was she going to manage a club when she knew close to nothing about it? Next time she saw Joel he was dead. Brother or not.

Sighing she went back to observing the mess on the table. Papers, papers, and papers. Everywhere she looked she could only see papers and files. Looking around her she wondered how Joel could find anything in this chaos. His office was a messy place. That was for sure.

''For Christ's sake what is the pizza doing on the floor?'' she said irritated as she spotted a forgotten box with some pizza in it behind the desk.

After that little accident, she grabbed a pen and a notebook making a list of the things that needed to be done if she was going to spend some time there. The list seemed to take much more time than she had thought, but at least she had finished it. Taking occasionally looks in the list she began working around cleaning the place and checking things off the list. When it came to organizing all the papers and files in the office she was thinking all the time different ways to kill her brother. Slowly and painfully.

Five hours later she wiped the sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand and threw the list to the trash. She was dead tired but looking around she felt proud of her work. The place was spotless. The leather sofa near the door was cleaned and had two pillows placed on it. The wooden table in front of it was free from the files and in their place was a small pot with a cactus. On the right and left walls there were shelves that now were full of organized files and books. The wooden desk that previously was full of paperwork scattered around was now cleared. It had a computer that was delivered earlier, a case full of pens and pencils, a lamp and a phone. Its drawers were organized and cleared of useless things that her brother liked keeping around. In front of it, she had placed two armchairs. On the floor was placed a carpet that covered most of it. From the window behind the desk, you could see the street and the shops located near the building. At each side of the window that covered almost all the wall, she had placed two floor lamps.