5. Ricky grows wings

Picture of Julia because it's ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Why the hell did I let Garth kiss me? Now everything is ruined! I finally get my chance with the boy of my dreams and I throw it all away for some stupid hickey from a guy I don't even know! I hit my head against the wall a few times before lying down on my bed and trying yet again to call Freddie and yet again he doesn't respond. I try Julia and she says she'll be over as soon as she can be. I lightly trace over the hickey and wonder what I can do to fix all of this... To get Freddie back... Even if it has to be just as a friend.

"Hey Ricky?!" The doorbell rings and Julia shouts from outside.

"Coming!" I rush down the stairs and let her in.

"Okay what exactly happened?"

"So... Freddie was tutoring me and we kept accidently touching and moving closer until our legs were touching and then... And then we kissed and I was on his lap and his was leaning over me and then he kissed my neck and tasted the base and wiped it away and saw the hickey. I tried to explain but he got mad and hurt and left on his bike and he didn't go home because he yelled that he wouldn't and I phoned his mom and she said he wasn't home and I keep phoning him but he won't pick up and I don't know what to do because... Because I like him so much, he's so much more than just my best friend. He's my rock and my foundation and the air I breathe and he's just so amazing... I wanted to cry when I thought of him before we kissed because all I could think was that he would never feel the same way that I did for him. That crushed me... That destroyed me. And then when there was hope... I ruined it all," tears have started cascading down my cheeks, "he'll never love me now Julia..."

"Oh Ricky," she walks over to me and sits me on the couch, hugging me tightly, "it'll be okay. We'll sort this out alright? I'll even talk to him for you."

"Thanks Julia," I sniff.

"Well we should probably get going to school."

I pack my stuff and just as I'm about to leave I swear I see Freddie and Harry run across my front garden and then into a car outside. But that can't be right? Harry hates me now because of his homophobia and Freddie's definitely not entirely straight and he wouldn't betray me by being friends with Harry would he? Unless he and Harry... But that's not possible. Absolutely not... Is it? And why would they sneak back here anyway? To spy on me? Does Freddie think I have some sort of relationship on the side? I mean it was just a kiss! It wasn't even me who kissed him! But... I guess I did kiss him back... But my body was more in control of my mind at that point... Still I really regret it now. I wish I could take it back.

"Hey Ricky?!" Julia waves her hand in front of my eyes, "Are you coming or not?"

"Yeah yeah," I frown and grab my bag, swinging the heavy sack over my shoulder.

"One day that bag is going to get you killed."

"Now how would it do that?"

"It would..." Julia pauses, "Ricky..."

"Yeah?" I brush my fringe out of my face.

"Is that Bridget?"

My mouth opens in shock when I see her. She's standing in front of my car, a key in her hand, and running it straight across the door. She pauses mid scratch and turns to us, eyes dark and wild with a glint of malicious insanity before running off into the street and down the road.

"What. The. Hell," I rush to my car and examine the scratch, "my parents are going to make me pay for this myself..."

"And? You have tons of pocket money. More than enough for the scratch."

"I know I just... I don't know..."

"Freaked out?"

"Yeah... I mean what the heck? She was all sweet and kind and even made me breakfast and then..."

"This?"

"Yeah," I scratch the back of my neck and click my fingers, a nervous habit I ended up developing when I realised my sexuality and attraction to Freddie.

I get into the driver's seat and start the car, taking a quick whiff of the smell in the car... It always smells brand new. Julia hops in next to me and puts her feet up on the dash.

"Move your feet."

"Why? Since when are you a neat freak?"

"Since if I break hard the airbag will go off and break both of your hips."

"Oh," she moves her feet and shakes her head before plugging her phone into the audio system in the car and blasting As It Is' new album. Well the little of it that we can play before reaching the school which is pretty close to my house.

We reach the school parking lot and I park near the front of the school. We file out and stop in front of the main entrance and I look at Julia. She can see the pain in my eyes so she moves closer to me and throws an arm around my waist giving me a side hug.

"It'll be okay Ricky."

"If you say so..." She kisses my cheek in reply and I feel a little lighter, maybe even light enough so that I could almost float and fly through the corridors the way I used to, but not quite.

The puppy and the mermaid defeated the evil spider aliens and healed them from their evilness! And it's all thanks to you! Vote and comment for more mini stories and TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE INSANE BRIDGET GOSH DAMMIT CAN'T SHE LEAVE PRECIOUS RICKY ALONE!!

ALSO THANK YOU FOR BEING AN EVIL SPIDER FIGHTER WITH ME AND READING THIS BOOK!! OOOWWW WAAAAAA! *High fives and skips out of room to confetti canons going off and running out of a giant 'Thank You' sign*