Chapter 2

Sakura's POV

I practically ran through the halls, tripping over almost everyone.

Why is he cold?! He used to sweet and kind and so... loving towards me. Well I guess that's what happens when your brother is a the current CEO of you're parents company UforFashion!  I thought to myself, chewing on my long nails.

"Ouch!" I ran into someone. I looked up at who I walked into... and with my horrible luck... Karin just happened to be the person.

"Watch whe- oh... well if it isn't bill-board-brow! Our schools annoying 'humble' photographer, who has such a whore of a godmother!"  She sneered, flipping her (most probably dyed) red hair in disgust. "You stole my seat next to my Sasuke, and embarrassed me in front of the class, not to mention ruining my whole reputation! Don't think you're off the hook, whore, because you are definitely not!" Karin snapped, and I could literally see flames in her eyes.

I wanted to yell at her for insulting Lady Tsunade (because my god mother is fucking wonderful, thank you very much) and insulting me once again. But no, my body freezes and I seemed weak and helpless. What can I say to the Queen Bee of the school? Oh wait no... that was Ino's role... but still!

"Wow... I sure have a swell way of saving my own ass..." I rolled my eyes at the sarcasm in my voice.

"ARE YOU IGNORING ME, BITCH?!"

My head slowly turned and I stared at the floor. "N-no..." I stuttered. Great, now my defence is crumbling. I thought. I really have to hand it over to the one girl who can make me into this pitiful state.

Well, you're really great at showing the whore that you're way better than her! Can you not the sarcasm in my voice, or do I have to yell it out for you? Oh wait, that's right, I can't yell it out 'cause... I'M FUCKING STUCK IN THE BRAIN OF A COMPLETE IDIOT.

Now my goddamned Inner had showed up again. "Come to get me into trouble again, Inner?" I asked myself, imagining one-hundred different brutal, gory ways I could picture the little voice in my head getting murdered.

Before Inner could reply, I was brought back to reality by a sudden, sharp pain in my head.

"That will teach you to steal my Sasuke-kun!" The red-head bitched in a high-pitched voice.

You're really weak, aren't you. Disgusting.

Inner's voice shot through my head like a piercing bullet. It was so cold and emotionless... and it made me feel like crying.

She went to kick me again, but suddenly, I felt the sensation of being swept off my feet. Well... I could've been falling, or flying for that matter. Strange, the ground looked so far away...

I heard a low voice growl, "You touch her again... you die. Do I make myself clear?"

That voice... where have I heard it before...? I thought woozily. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find out soon .. I feel a little... tired...

Gingerly, I lifted one hand to where the pain was, and saw red dripping down my arm. Oh... is this... ketchup?

The pain in my head worsened, and before I saw who saved me, I blacked out, conscious of my thumping heartbeat.

Sasuke's POV

Hn... once again getting herself into trouble... how typical.

I looked down at Sakura. She looked as if she was asleep, eyelids closed and all. It weren't for the bright red patch of impact and blood on her forehead, she would've appeared in a deep slumber.

I felt my lips twitch into something you could call a half smirk.

Sakura... even trying so hard to act innocent... you still end up getting into trouble, right?

Ah yes, she's just like an innocent child again. A child that smiles so prettily, laughs so happily, living in a vague impression of glittering wants, needs, musts. A world of pure bliss is a child's mind.

I would give anything to go back to those peaceful times.

I miss how life was like when I was a child. No worries, no responsibility, no leaving your best friend behind in tears and no running those goddamned family-owned companies. Life must've been a utopia back then...

When did it all disappear?

Without even knowing, my grip tightened around Sakura's waist, my muscles tense.

Let go of her, you idiot. You're probably hurting her even more because of your tight grip.

I snapped out of my little phase and without smiling, slowly cocked my head to the side "You touch her again..." My eyes narrowed fiercely. "you die. Do I make myself clear?" I made a point of glaring at her, making sure my death threat got through that thick head of hers.

"But... Sasu-"

"You're really trying my patience, Karin," I said in a monotone voice. "I'm usually so calm and conservative to most things. I can handle a few stupid idiots in one day. But there are times when even I can snap. And I'm warning you, I won't hesitate to murder you in your sleep when the time comes."

"Y- yes... S- sasuke-kun " she stuttered, absolutely terrified.

She clumsily got to her feet, dusted the imaginary dust off her skirt and ran off, her (most likely fake) Alexander McQueen stilettos clicking echoes through the halls.

I gently picked up the petite pinkette in my arms, my eyes gazing at her bloody wound, and carried her off to the nurses office, not caring that the bell for the next period had already rung.

Or that she kept mumbling "Sasuke..." over and over in her unconscious state.

Or that I had realised that Sakura was like an innocent child that I was so helplessly drawn to protect.