Urgh. Can this man ever stop frustrating me? Normally, I was a calm person who came with the most vicious plan to attack in their head. It was rare when someone got a drastic reaction out of me because most of the time, I had a fake emotion plastered onto my face, hiding what I really thought. But this man, he was bringing the worst of me.

And I knew for sure he was my mate now. The heat in the car was always intolerable and I had to literally clench my fist so hard just to resist the urge to touch him. I knew my wolf wasn’t strong at all, since the only time I had let her out was when I shifted, yet she was pushing me so much to accept him and throw myself at him basically. I was trying so hard to repress my wolf since she had already accepted his wolf, and already wanted to mate. But even at a moment of weakness, I wouldn’t take such a hasty action.

I never knew having a mate would be so conflicting. So many emotions were running through my head, some telling me to accept him already, knowing that there was a slim to none chance of me not falling for him at the end, but there was also this part of me encouraging me, telling me that I could get away from him; I could ran away.

And that was exactly what I was going to do. No matter what my heart was shouting me.

After an hour of simply staring at the green scenery outside, we finally arrived to his place. I never knew there could be so much green near a beach.

The car ride was thankfully silent, though he kept a hand on my thigh the entire time; no matter how much I moved it away, it always seemed to find a way back on there. The heat, the sparks, the tingles were almost suffocating in the car. Every cell of my body was urging me to accept him and please him in ways nobody else could. But I was determined to keep fighting.

He climbed out of his car first, before walking to my side. Crossing my arms at my chest, I planted my butt firmly onto the seat, with my determined face on.

When he opened the door, I didn’t do anything by glare at the front of his house, which I could see pretty well due to wolf advantages even though it was dark. I could see from my peripheral vision that he had stuck out his hand, waiting for me to grasp it, but me being my stubborn self, decided to simply ignore it as it got more of a reaction from him. He only ever seemed amused and occasionally frustrated or annoyed when I shouted at him telling him to leave me alone, but it seemed like me ignoring him brought out more the type of reaction I expected from him. He was pissed.

“You can come out of the car now Athena,” he said in his deep and husky voice, which seemed to cause tornados in my body.

I didn’t say anything and maybe that’s why his eyes darkened. Glaring at his house like it was a bell pepper- the worst food in the world, which I truly and utterly loathed with passion- I remained silent, even though my wolf was doing everything to get close to her mate. The fact that this car was filled with his mouth-watering scent of pinewood and oranges was enough to send my mind on complete over-drive. And the only way in which I could control myself was by sitting as stiff as rock, clenching my fist so hard that it nearly bled and biting the tongue so hard that it could nearly come off.

“Come out of the car, now,” he demanded, enunciating every word of his sentence.

Still continuing to ignore him, I could see that his wolf was fighting for control was his eyes grew darker, nearly changing to black.

“Out of the car now, Athena,” he growled, clenching his fist by his side. “I will not repeat myself. Get out of the car now.

I still didn’t say a word, and honestly it was as hard as fuck keeping my mouth shut and repeating to him for the thousandth time to leave me alone.