Poor Abigail

Jasper’s P.O.V

At first, I was annoyed by the way Abigail pushed Valerin and me away. Valerin got hurt. But when I turned to see Abigail under the fallen chandelier, I lost my control. I didn’t know if I had to shed tears or make a brave move.

All had the same look on their faces and the audience was gazing at us. I knew that staring at her in pain wasn’t the right thing to do. I call out for the boys and girls. All of them except for Arianna came in to move the chandelier. With lot of difficulty, the chandelier was moved. Abigail’s clothes were soaked in blood. She was unconscious. Craig cries like a small kid. Seth and Carven were shocked and tensed. I literally died. She saved me and she is in pain. Maybe she was the best friend I have ever had in my whole life. She had to get herself hurt for me to realize her role in my life. She hasn’t been here for more than a year, but the way she touched us, our attachment with us was inexplicable. But still a small misunderstanding was enough for me to leave her in distress and show hatred for her. Am I even worth of a friend like Abby?

As I carry her to the main entrance, teachers and friends offered help. But I knew this was the least I could do for her. Her blood was all over my shirt and my hands. I silently cry as I see her hurt.

The ambulance was outside by then. We five got into the ambulance with her. Craig cried and cried and Seth wasn’t in a better condition. He mumbles, “I told you. I told you that she was a true friend and she wouldn’t make a mountain out of a mole to stay away from us. You didn’t listen to me. You had to leave her in all the pain.” Carven adds, “If there is anyone here who can do anything to protect us from all odds, it ain’t our girlfriends. It’s Abby.” Every word they say, gave me a guilt trip!

**Hospital**

Craig’s P.O.V

We rush her into the ICU. Jasper looked worried and cried silently. He was guilty over the mistake he made. I could read it from his face. And what makes me guilty is that I never attempted to stop Jasper from making that mistake. Seth and Carven were worried and stood right near the door so that they could ask the doctor about her state when they came out. Jasper had his head supported with his arms, sitting on the chair. Guilt had conquered him completely.

After fifteen minutes, the doctor comes out along with a woman nurse who runs to the reception. Her rush frightened me. I walk to the door and ask, “How is she, Doc?” Seth asks, “Is she fine now? Can we meet her?” the doctor, not excited about our enquiry replies, “Her wounds are deep and she has lost a lot of blood. She needs blood. We are making necessary arrangements for that.” By then, the nurse comes running back and says, “The blood bank has no O –ve blood. We will have to make arrangements from out.” Seth says, “Mine is O +ve.” Carven adds, “Mine is B +ve.” It was me next, “I don’t know my blood group! Does that mean Abby isn’t going to get blood soon? Wait! There is Jasper left!”

I rush to him. He was in the same state I saw him a while ago. I shake him up and ask, “Jaspy, What’s your blood group?!” He gives me an annoyed look and says, “O –ve group. Why?” I scream, “OMG! We have a match here!”

And soon Jasper was taken inside to give the blood. After a while, I see the nurse rush into the ICU with the blood bag. Jasper didn’t come out still. Behind the nurse, Jasper was walking. He walked slower than ever before. And before I could comment, he falls down. Seth, Carven and I rush to help him. “Does blood donation make you pregnant?” I ask. I knew it wasn’t the perfect time for my jokes but it surely would cheer them up a little bit. “C’mon, Craig! Stop that!,” Jasper says like a drunkard. He couldn’t stand or walk, but he had all the energy in the world to scream at me. 

The next few hours were the most terrifying moments of our lives. The doctor never came out and if nurses ever stepped out, it was only for getting the oxygen cylinder or whatever.

In the hustle and bustle, we totally forgot to inform her dad about the accident. I go to the reception to call him up. Telling a dad that his daughter was fighting for life isn’t actually a cool thing. It is frightening.

After a while, her dad rush in. That poor man was totally out of control. Ally and Alfy join a bit later. We knew we had no role there. But still, we decide to stay.

Carven’s P.O.V

Totally tensed about the accident, I sit on the floor lost when my phone vibrates from my pocket pants. I wipe my tears and answer the call. It was Avril.

Avril: Carven, is everything alright there?

Me: The Doc hasn’t said anything yet!

Avril: Well I want to meet all the four of you with Anthony at my house. In an hour.

Me: Do you think we are in a state for a get-together?

Avril: I’m not inviting you on a party, Carven! It is important. Really very important!

Me: I’m sorry for speaking to you that way. I’m really worried. We’ll be there.

I hang up the phone. Avril sounded really worried. Her sound depicted the eagerness to reveal something that we had to know. But what could it be? What is it that she wants all the five of us to know?