Chapter 14

As your eyes fluttered open the next morning, death was the first thing you thought about.

Surprising, seeing that you had already acknowledged the fact that you would pass on, whether you liked it or not. But acknowledging does not stop the constant loom of death, the constant loom of knowing what would happen. Death had seemed like a distant concept when you were little. Although you were quite mature and well grounded back then, death wasn't something you really thought about. Only in the recent times had you realized how close the grip of death had become. Death- meaning you would no longer be present.

You thought for a few minutes. There was no point in expelling the thought at the moment. It wouldn't matter whether you thought about it or not.

You had experienced death many times before to the point that you were used to it- something no one should ever be. At first, death didn't sway you. Death didn't take anyone at the moment, you, family, no one you knew. But your father got sick. Although it was scary, for some reason you managed to stay a little positive- your hope was there. Hope was there for you, keeping you happy, giving you that spark, and feeling that maybe, just maybe it would be okay. The word, the concept of it all didn't sway you- until it did. Death took your father.

It was a funny thing really. No one really thinks of it until it happens. The reality of it all hadn't really felt real, until he was gone.

That was when it all seeped in.
All at once.

Death.

Mother.

Father.

Gone forever.

And now you.

It was the thing that sent chills up your spine. Everything felt so real now. You were aware of what was waiting. You knew what was at stake.

Every breath, every movement, every second, every minute started to matter. For all you knew, you could be gone this very minute. And when you were gone, you weren't coming back. You would cease to exist, you wouldn't be there to make Hiro laugh or smile.

Even the word could shake you now.

You pulled off your covers and walked over to your lab. Your ankle needed to be checked. Although it was risky; forget that, risky was what you did last night. You pressed the call button, and a nurse you didn't know walked in. She had dark brown hair, and wore high heels. You almost laughed. Who wears high heels in a hospital- Especially when you need to rush around? You quickly stifled a giggle and regained your cool before she could notice.

"Can you call up the surgeon bots? I need an operation."

She looked puzzled, and you knew it sounded strange. You can't simply remove a virus by operation.

"I'm removing my foot."

She winced. Probably a new nurse, you thought. Most nurses here were used to the sound of operations and limb removal and such.

"My ankle isn't going to heal. Best bet is to remove it. Some virus cells will be going with it if I remove it too."

She nodded, and walked out of your room, giving you space to think some more. As much as you hated the thought of losing a limb, it was the best thing to do. A good portion of the BLV virus cells would be gone, and your foot was gone anyway. No chance of healing for it.

Besides, beating this virus would come at a cost.

The thought shook you for a minute. No foot. You'd need a prosthetic. You chuckled. Hopefully Hiro would be up for a challenge.

_______
Early update!!

Uh oh. Bye bye foot. :C
Haha don't worry though. I'm sure Hiro would love to make you a prosthetic foot right? Best present for your crush right?

I hope you can forgive me!! I'll make it up to you with some Hiro fluff!! (In a few chappies lol.)

Love you guys lots!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

(Probably not, because I'm sure you guys love your limbs)

-disneybabes/prettyinpwnage