two

*tw - please read w caution if u are triggered by anything in the desc. warnings !!!!!!!

"you coming to the football game?" calum asked as maddie skipped over to him.

"yeah. you?" she asked, taking a bottle of juice out of her bag and having a sip. he nodded.

"well, do you maybe wanna go with me?" calum rubbed the back of his neck nervously. he really wanted to hang out with maddie, just them, outside of school. he had the entire night planned out for them. thoughts raced through his head as soon as he popped the question. 'what if she says no?' 'she doesn't like you like that,' 'everything will go wrong.'

"sure! do you want luke and kelsea to go or-?" maddie never quite grasped the idea he was asking her out.

"i- uh, sure. whatever you want." calum stumbled out as his face dropped. he really wanted it to be just them.

maddie smiled and handed him the juice as he stared at it. he gave her a small, fake smile and sipped it. kelsea and luke came around the same time.

"hiya," kelsea smiled as she gripped onto luke's arm. maddie raised a brow and gestured towards it, but kelsea didn't notice. as usual.

"hi. do you guys wanna go to the game with me and calum?" maddie looked from kelsea to luke.

"when is it?" luke said as he got his phone out.

"tomorrow." maddie jumped in.

"oh. okay, sure. kels, are you going?" luke looked down at her and tugged on his lip ring.

"yeah." she shrugged.

and then cody hopped in. maddie sighed, "of course." she mumbled. luke raised a brow at her but ignored it, stepping away from kelsea as he realised how "cozy" they looked. he didn't like cody too much, but he's not gonna disrespect him either.

"hi babe." cody kissed her cheek. "whatcha doin' tomorrow? are you coming to my game?"

"yeah, we all are." she smiled. cody's face dropped a bit as he realised 'all' included luke, the boy he despised.

he wasn't quite sure why he didn't like luke. maybe he just didn't like the idea of an attractive boy around kelsea - especially not when she seems so into him. it made cody insecure to think he may be replaced. the bell rang and his thoughts were interrupted. he quickly gave kelsea a peck on the lips and glanced to luke, waving a small goodbye to seem friendly and walking away from the two. he turned and looked at the two to see kelsea comfortably leaning on him as they walked to their next period. cody's heart dropped as his jaw clenched, but he shook the thoughts away and quickly went to his next period, every second without kelsea making him believe the worst possible scenarios between her and luke.

about 20 minutes into her class, kelsea's phone vibrated. she quickly got it out and looked around, sure to see her teacher facing the wall as he wrote tomorrow's notes on the board. she quickly opened the text.

grody cody: i miss u

me: u 2 bb

grody cody: let's hang out 2nite :-)

me: i was gonna have luke over but if u wanna come 2 then that's ok w me ! :~)

grody cody: oh ok. as usual haha. you can just come over after the game tmrw or something i guess

me: okay , i will. love u

grody cody: yeah. i should get going. love u 2. bye

kelsea read the message but didn't reply as luke whispered something in her ear about the teacher turning around. she quickly shut off her phone and put it back in her pocket, getting a head start on tomorrow's notes as the teacher started reading a section in the textbook.