Chaper fourteen

PLEASE READ~ Holding on to Yesterday by lifebeingirish :)❤❤❤

I hadn't heard from austin in two days. Last time I did talk to him, he told me that only good things were gonna happen from here. Apparently he signed a contract with a record label. Which was good, only the play is tonight. I guess I dont know why the play means so much to me. Maybe its because since my mom died, ive been sad and depressed. The play has helped me out of it. And then theres Austin....

Whenever I see him, my breathe catches in my lungs. For once a guy likes me for me. He has been through what ive been through. It's something very rare to have in common. To share the same feelings. I guess I was just worried that he wouldn't make it. I mean he promised he would. Everything's going to be fine.

~~~~~~~~

Ok. I need to be at the school at 5 to get ready. I looked at my phone. "I should call Austin," I said to myself. I picked it up. "Nahh. He's probably busy..." I set my phone back down. "But what if he's not." I picked it up again. "Oh forget it," I threw it back down on my bed. I grabbed my makeup bag and hair stuff.

It was 4:30 now so I had time. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. I talked myself through the lines over and over again. By 4:50 I headed to the school.

~~~~~~~~

"Alright people, who ever needs makeup done, come over to this station. Costumes at this station," Mr.Greene pointed to different spots. I walked over to makeup and sat down. I took my makeup and got out my eyeliner. "Oh Juliet, makeup will be done by volunteers," Mr.Greene said. "Oh, alright," I replied. He walked away and I looked back into the mirror. "We'll, this is going to be interesting," Taylor smirked from the mirror. Oh my god.

"Let's start with foundation. She started to brush it all over my face. Now some eyeliner. Oh dear god help me. It hurt when she put it on. I didn't know if she was doing it on purpose but it was painful. "Ouch," I said and pulled back. "Oops, my bad," she said and tried again. It was silent between us. Besides the breathes I took in when she would jab me with the mascara or stab me with the eyeshadow brush. Finally she was done.

I looked in the mirror. I actually looked, well, good. "Wow," the words escaped my lips. "Don't be so full of yourself. You still look like an ugly pig," she spat. "And you a fat cow," I replied. She glared at me then spun on her heels and walked away. "Thanks a bunch Tay!" I yelled sarcastically after her.

I went to the costume station and changed into my dress. It was gorgeous. Pink, with lace on the front, Flowers embroidered for detail everywhere, and a puffy skirt from my waist to my feet. I put on brown flats and walked towards the stage.

"Juliet you look lovely dear ," Mr.Greene bowed. I smiled," Thank you kind sir," and curtsied. "Alright people the play is about to begin! Everyone gather around!" He yelled. "Ok, where is my romeo and Juliet?" He asked. Then it hit me. Austin Wasn't here. "Juliet, where is romeo?" Mr.Greene asked. "Uh-he is uh, not here," I said looking at the ground. "And where is he exactly?" He asked. "I don't know...." I said playing with my hair. "Oh dear mother Teresa. James you will be romeo for now. Everyone take your places!"

I didn't know what I was feeling at this point, disappointment, or sadness. Walking towards the stage my phone went off. The ID read Austin. I hit decline and turned my phone off. I walked to my position and waited for the play to begin.

~~~~~~~

*(I didn't think you want to hear all he details of the play;))*

~~~~~~~

It was the final scene where I woke up and found romeo dying. I say my lines then have to kiss him. James, not Austin. Tears spilled out of my eyes and I put my lips on his. The kiss was nothing like Austin's. I pulled back and James raised his eyebrows I rolled my eyes and stood up. I took a dagger from the side of the stage. I went back to romeo and kneeled. I put the dagger close to my heart and the curtain slowly closed.

"Fantastic job everyone!" Mr.Greene yelled. I dropped the fake dagger and stood up. "Hey baby, if being sexy was a crime, you'd be guilty as charged!" James said into my ear. "Creep! " I yelled and hit him on the shoulder. I walked away towards the doors. "Wonderful job Juliet,will you be staying for the encore?" Mr,Greene asked. "Thanks Mr.Greene, I really need to get home, dads...throwing a dinner party," I said. "Oh well tell your parents you did a wonderful job!" He replied. If only he knew.

Back at home I pulled into the driveway and walked inside. I placed my keys on the kitchen table and changed into sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv. One of my favorite movies, the notebook, was playing on Cinemax. I curled up in my blanket and watched the movie.

Probably 30 minutes later someone knocked on my door. I tossed the blanket off of me and walked towards the door. Tired, I slowly opened it.

"Hey," Austin said to me. "What are you doing here Austin it's 9:00," I said. He was wearing sweatpants and a red sweatshirt. "I came to say I was sorry...for missing the play," he said. He had one hand behind his back. He brought his hand up, in it, was a rose. I smiled. "Cheesy ,but cute," I said. "Can I come inside?" He asked. I nodded. "So how'd it go?" He asked. "Have you ever noticed that James is a horrible actor?" Austin laughed. "Oh, I've noticed."

Austin walked over to the tv and turned it off. I looked at him confused. "He pulled out his phone and put on a slow song, kiss me slowly by parachute. He bowed. "Juliet, may I have this dance?" He asked. "Why you may kind sir," I said smiling. I took his hand and he pulled me in. His hands were on my waist and mine were around his neck. I placed my head on his shoulder. And we just swayed to the music, even as cinema by skrillex came on, we never moved.