Chapter 23

Simon hasn't seen Josh since the party on Friday. On Saturday morning Vik had been found passed out on the grass, Simon asleep on Josh's lap. Tobi showed up later and drove them home. Simon got up and got ready for school. On the bus ride there, he thought about Josh. He believed him and forgave him after he explained everything but the fact he even thought it was okay to kiss, Freya, is her name? Wasn't alright. Simon shook it off and looked for Josh in halls. Instead he found that very vixen.

"Simon, right? Can I talk to you for a minute?" she requested. Simon nodded. "About what happened on Friday... I'm really sorry I feel so bad. I had no idea you two were in a, uh, relationship. You see, JJ and I had this little problem and he let me out of it I flirted with Josh. He also paid me. So, what happened that night was all me and please don't be mad at him." Freya apologised. Simon bit his bottom lip.

"Thanks for telling me." he said dismissing her. Simon found Josh at lunch and slowly walked up to him. "Hey Josh. How are you?" he asked shyly.

"Good. How about you?" Josh ran his fingers through his hair.

"As good as it gets. Listen, this morning, Freya came up to me in the hallway and explained to me that it was her fault about what happened." Simon informed Josh.

"Oh, okay." Josh looked at the ground. He was hoping that the kiss wouldn't of been brought up because he just wanted things to go back to normal.

"She actually said that JJ had paid her to do it." Simon added. Josh didn't say anything else. Instead he kissed Simon's cheek making him blush.

"My mom was so upset with me when I came home the next morning." Josh laughed.

"You didn't tell her you where you were going?" Simon gasped.

"No, I don't think I've ever seen my mom be mad me purely because I, personally, did something wrong." Josh shook his head.

"My parents... I don't want to think about what they would do, if I did something like that." Simon's eyes widened. Josh got a little curious by this but he knew better than to bug him about it. They saw Vik walking up to them.

"Vik! Are you feeling alright now?" Josh thought about how ill he most of felt the next day.

"Yes, thanks for asking. But wow. It felt so good in the moment but the next day was just awful." Vik partially regretted.

"I don't think drinking is really your thing." Simon suggested.

"I don't know. I'll try again when I'm legally old enough." Vik shrugged.

When school ended Simon and Josh hung outside enjoying each others company. Of course that didn't last long.

"Oh look at the little boys run like the fairies they are." JJ teased.

"Why can't you leave us alone?" Simon groaned.

"And why can't you just be normal? I guess neither of us will be happy." JJ snickered.

"Oi, don't talk to him like that!" Josh piped up. He wanted to start sticking up for his boyfriend.

"What are you going to do about it?" JJ stood tall over him.

"I'm not going to do anything because you'll just break your own neck trying to look behind you. That's how much of a retard you are!" Josh shouted.

"Really? That's it?" JJ raised an eyebrow unimpressed. "Don't try if you can't fight like me, faggot." He clenched his hand into a fist and punched Josh. He fell to the ground from the impact. Simon looked at JJ, frozen in fear. "Your turn." JJ picked him up ready to hurt him in one way or another when his savior came once again.

"Hey! What did I say about touching them?!" Tobi ran over, throwing off his jacket. He pulled Simon out of JJ's grip and then punched him. "I warned you." he said before engaging in a full on fist fight with JJ. Simon and Josh watched, holding each other. The two fighting came to a stand still and stopped.

"If I were anyone of you," JJ paused to breathe. "I wouldn't come to school tomorrow." JJ warned before leaving.