Chapter 20

Josh and Tobi walked through the crowded hallways talking, ignoring the world. Or at least trying to. Suddenly Simon came running up to them.

"I'm glad I found you guys." Simon stood in between his friend and boyfriend.

"You doin' alright?" Tobi made sure he was.

"So far so good." Simon shrugged.

"Well, since you're both here I want to ask you guys something." Tobi stopped and brought them to the side. "A couple of my friends are throwing a party this weekend over at their house across from the post office, and I wanted to bring you guys." Tobi invited. Josh and Simon looked over at each other for an answer. "Vik's coming." he added.

"I guess." Josh figured why not. Neither of them have gone to one before so now's there chance.

"Great! I won't leave you guys alone to much there." Tobi hugged them before heading off to class.

Not long after that, they were switching classes when Harry caught Simon in the halls. Simon braced himself for whatever he was going to throw at him.

"Has Tobi been joining you and Josh for some threesomes?" Harry teased. Simon frowned at him and looked away. "Don't get mad at me. If anyone let it be Josh." a smirk tugged on the corner of Harry's mouth.

"Why?" Simon looked back at him.

"He's the reason your secret got out." Harry said sympathetically.

"What?! He wouldn't do that!" Simon refused to believe him.

"You see, I overheard you both and promised to keep my mouth shut if he got along with me. But he broke the deal when I asked him to do something involving Tobi and he refused." Harry shook his head. "I guess Tobi is more important to him rather than you."

"You're just making this up!" Simon pushed Harry's hand away and began to stomp off.

"Go ahead, continue "loving" someone who obviously doesn't love you. Josh is just piggybacking on you. Lying to you for his own benefit. He doesn't mind the secret getting out because he knows he can just hide behind you and let you take the hits. Let you be the one to cry yourself to sleep." Harry messed with Simon's mind. He stopped walking and stood there thinking about what Harry just said.

It was, in some ways true, Simon seemed to be attacked more than Josh. Also, whenever he is, it hurts him more than it does Josh. Why didn't he just confess about it being his fault rather than continuing to lie and pretending he doesn't know? Why didn't he just tell Simon in the first place? Why, why, did Josh pick Tobi over Simon? At lunch Simon went right over to the tree and told Tobi everything.

Josh hurried through everyone to the cafeteria so he wouldn't get caught in line of people who buy lunch. He found Simon curled up on Tobi's lap. Oh no, what happened?

"What happened?" Josh asked, panicked.

"You, that's what happened you little traitor!" Tobi shouted at him. "This whole thing is your fault!" No, no, no, they don't know do they? How?

"What do you mean?" Josh faked his confusion.

"Don't play dumb with me you know. You let the secret out!" Simon busted in.

"Simon, let me explain-"

"No! I don't want to hear any of your bullshit! You lied to me and said you didn't know why it got out! You promised me that our secret was safe. You even chose Tobi over me! I thought you loved me, Josh." At this point Simon was crying, tears running down his cheeks. "Josh you hurt me in ways I don't think can be fixed. You let me take the bullet every time and then played sweet. Because you thought I'd still be on your side but you were wrong. It only made things worse, Josh!" Simon flipped him off before going back to Tobi.

"You hurt Simon and I am not taking you to the party." Tobi wrapped his arms around Simon. Josh didn't say anything, instead he just walked off frustrated with himself. He spotted Harry in the distance sitting against another tree.

"You're an absolute fucker you got that?!" Josh screamed at him. He placed the blame on Harry now.

"Why me? You could've told Simon about me when I wasn't around. You could've been honest with him this whole entire time. It's not my fault you're a bad boyfriend." Harry shrugged with an evil grin showing from ear to ear. Josh's eyes widened as he realised something.

"You... you knew this was going to happen. You planned the whole thing from the moment you heard us talking. You made me your puppet for a whole month building, and building up to this point. You knew I wouldn't ruin Tobi's jacket. That's how much of a homophobe you are, that you'd do this. You're a mind fucker, you know that?" Josh felt his world crumbling faster than he had anticipated.

"Wow, you actually have somewhat of half a brain." Harry rubbed his chin. "The best part is, it's not over. You still have JJ and Ethan to deal with." he pointed out. Josh pointed his finger at Harry wanting to say something but there was nothing he could. The damage has been done.