Chapter 19

Josh, Simon, and Tobi headed inside in search of Vik. There he sat in the corner eating his sandwich peacefully. Tobi walked behind Josh and Simon as if he was their security guard. People gave him dirty looks but he didn't mind, he's used to it.

"Sup Vikky." Tobi greeted him with his nickname.

"Oh, hey guys." Vik set down his sandwich. Josh and Simon worried about how Vik felt with this whole situation. "So... is it true, the rumors? Are you two really together?" he asked carefully. Josh nodded. "This must be real hard for you both."

"Yeah, but Tobi supports us." Josh informed him.

"So do I." Vik flashed a smile. Josh and Simon smiled back at him. At least somebody still loved them.

Later that day, Tobi offered to drive them around town for fun. They were cruising with Vik in the front and Josh and Simon in the back. It was nice for them to get away from everyone and enjoy themselves with their true friends.

"I guess the whole football thing is off then huh?" Tobi chuckled.

"Yes and thank god." Simon stated.

"Why are you so happy about that? I thought you'd be disappointed you can't live your dream of being on a football team." Josh looked at him confused.

"I am but not if it meant my teammates are bullies, homophobic, and unloyal." Simon rolled his eyes. They drove past the gaming store. Vik giggled a bit. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because, remember when I ran into that pole and almost broke my nose?" Vik recalled.

"Oh yeah." Josh started laughing along with Simon. Josh loved it whenever Simon smiled or laughed because then he got to see his dimples. He really did love Simon. Seeing him hurt upset Josh very deeply. He felt like it was his number one mission to keep him happy now that he feels betrayed. Tobi dropped Vik off at his house and then the couple at the school; since Simon and Josh wanted to walk home together. They walked for a bit and then sat on a bench before splitting.

"Josh, I love you." Simon purred, snuggling into Josh.

"I love you too, Si." Josh gave him a peck on the lips. They stared at each other before locking lips again. Simon wrapped his arms around Josh's neck. These are the kind of moments both want to be able to enjoy freely, without worrying about the opinions of others. They broke away from the kiss feeling butterflies in their stomachs. If only this is the way it could always be.