Chapter 14

Josh had just spent another Saturday playing football with Simon. On his way home, Harry popped out from around a corner.

"Hey, Josh, I need your help." Harry whispered.

"With what?" Josh sighed. He just wanted to go home and have something to eat.

"Follow me." Harry guided him through the neighbor. It seemed like forever and they still weren't at their destination.

"Harry, why is it taking us so long just to get where we need to be?" Josh groaned.

"Hold on, it's right around the corner." Harry reassured him. "See?" Harry pointed to the cinema. They walked through the parking lot as Harry looked around. "You see that car?" he pointed to a cheap convertible. Josh nodded. "That's Tobi's." he informed Josh.

"Tobi has a convertible?" Josh asked shocked. There is no way this guy has that much money.

"Well, it's one of those cars that the top rolls down." Harry explained. With Josh understanding Harry continued. "Now lets see... it should be," Harry looked around in the car. "Right here!" He picked up Tobi's jean jacket. "Hold this." He gave it to Josh.

"What are you doing?" Josh examined the jacket.

"We're just going to redecorate it." Harry smirked. A knot twisted in Josh's stomach. He had a bad feeling about this. "I'll be right back." Harry rushed off into the movie theatre. As Josh waited, he examined the jacket. There is nothing special about it except a few tears. In the inside the name, Manny, was written. Josh didn't who that was but it didn't matter to him. Harry came running back with ketchup and mustard bottles.

"No! You are not going to stain Tobi's jacket." Josh snapped. He put the clothing piece under his arm.

"Look, don't worry about it just, let me see it." Harry grunted, trying to take it. Josh refused to give it to him. He would do anything Harry told him to but not if involved ruining a friendship. Tobi wears this jacket everyday, it must mean something to him. "Do you want me to spill your secret?" Harry threatened.

"No, but I'm not losing Tobi as a friend. I've done enough of your shitty jobs that are effecting my life in a bad way." Josh shot back. Harry squinted his eyes.

"Fine! Keep Tobi, but you'll lose Simon." Harry whipped around and left. Shit! What did I just do?! Josh crumbled over Tobi's car ready to cry. He looked at his jacket wondering what to do with it. He couldn't just leave it out, Harry might come back to ruin it. Why does Harry have such a strange fascination with this jacket anyways? Josh wondered curiously. He decided to wait until Tobi's shift was over, whenever it may be, then he would leave without him noticing. School is going to be an absolute nightmare tomorrow.