Chapter Nine (Edited)

First Heartbreak by Tori Kelly 

Here I am. Standing two feet away from the front door of my "fiancés" parents house. I could already feel the small beads of sweat forming on my forehead. What if I let something slip? What if they don't like me? My breathing slowly started to become shaky. I think Elijah noticed because I could feel his hand slowly moving up and down my back.

"Odette, calm down," He spoke softly "Everything will be fine. Don't panic." I rolled my eyes and gave him a sneer. "Telling me not to panic is like telling a kid he can't have anything in the candy store." His shoulders started to shake as he laughed. I was about to really let him have it when the door opened only to find the same little girl that Elijah took to school.

"Uncle Eli!" The little girl yelled jumping into his open arms. I raised my eyebrows. I didn't know he had a sibling. I've never seen them in the news. It's always about him and his father.

"How's my favorite niece?" He planted a kiss on her forehead as she let out a heart-warming giggle. "I'm your only niece, Uncle Eli." I let out a small laugh which made them turn to me. The little girl moved her face into his neck and asked, "Who is the pretty lady?" The smile never fell from his face. He was about to answer when a woman walked up.

"Sky, what did I tell you about opening the door?" She looked exactly like his mother. She wore a red mid-thigh length dress with black stilettoes. Even in heels she's an inch or two taller than me.

"I'm sorry, mommy." Sky hung her head in shame. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. I mean come on, who could stay made at a face like that?

"Well it took you guys long enough," She put her hands on her hips as Elijah put Sky down. She ran back inside.

"Mom won't stop talking about the engagement and how beautiful the girl is. I completely agree with her." I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Hope, I will explain as soon as we sit down for dinner. Now move your ass and let us in." She narrowed her eyebrows at him and snapped.

"Look here asshole. Today has been a really good day so far. Dad is cooking and Cole got promoted," She poked her finger into his chest "Do. Not. Ruin. It. For. Me." I looked down at my shoes and held in a laugh. She's like a female version of Danny. I swear if Danny and Hope would make the perfect couple. Life would never be boring.

She leaned over and grabbed my hand, not forgetting to jump at Elijah making him flinch back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elijah's POV

I glared at my sisters back. I'm not a punk but im terrified of my sister. She could rip your balls off and staple them to your forehead if she could. I have no doubt in my mind that she would. Growing up, I always thought your sister was supposed to be fragile and sweet not rough and bully material. Yes its true. I got bullied by my younger sister. It's sad really.

I followed behind Hope and Odette and let my eyes trail down her body. The way that dress fit her could make a man turn into the wildest animal. My eyes fell down to her ass. The dress fit every curve perfectly.

The top was black lace with sleeves that stopped at her elbows and was V-neck but showed a respectable amount of cleavage. Don't even get me started on the bottom. Her tan skirt fell to her feet with a slit on the right side that stops at the middle of her thigh teasing me. I checked behind me to make sure I wasn't leaving a trail of drool.

"It is so great to see you again, Odette." Mom gave her a tight squeeze and Dad moved behind her.

"It's good to see you too, Mrs. Augustine," She spoke and looked at my dad "Its great to finally meet you Mr. Augustine." She gave him a warm smile and stuck her hand out. He simply chuckled, "We hug in this family." They hugged. They all walked into the dining room and left me here. I throw my hands up in frustration. What am I, a roach?

"Dinner is almost ready." He announced to everyone then turned to me "Elijah, we all want an explanation as to why you kept this beautiful young lady from us."

I exhaled loud and sat down next to Odette at the table who gave me a panicked look. Tonight is going to get interesting.