Sleepover!?

As the day drew to an end, the sun drew over the horizon, an orange light was cast over the commoner's town, giving it an enchanting luster that could not be outdone by any elaborate luxury in the hosts' mansions. A thick, warm air laid over the city, blanketing over the suburban area beautifully.

A night this beautiful, decided the optimistic, jovial Tamaki, couldn't be wasted alone in an air-conditioned mansion.

"I've decided that the host club is having another exhibition tonight!"

"And what is it this time?" Kyoya asked distrustfully, adjusting his glasses with his middle finger ad he did so.

"The hoist club is sleeping under the stars tonight!"

Immediately the hosts were in a clamor. Hikaru and Kouru high-fived, going on about how excited they were to play pranks on the others in the middle of the night, Honi laughed and smiled up at Mori, giggling about his excitement to his stoic companion, Haruhi looked at Tamaki with disapproving eyes, and Kyoya took out an expensive, high-tech camera.

Watching this, Ciel and Sebastian just stared in shock by how riled up this group of boys (excluding Haruhi) could become in just a moment.

"Should we call the servants? And Undertaker?" Ciel stood on his toes to whisper in Sebastian's ear, though Sebastian still had to lean down to be on level with the shota.

"Yes... we'll have to say they're your patents' friends and our guardians. Well, Finny can be your cousin and Undertaker his father. Mey Rin and Bard will be husband and wife."

"It scares me how quickly you came up with that lie, Sebastian."

"Well, if it is under my master's orders, there is no problem, yes?"

"Of course. And stop speaking English and calling me 'master' around them, okay?"

"Isn't it only natural for transfer students from Englandto speak English to each other? They don't know what we're saying."

"How thick are you, Sebastian? They learn English in their primary schooling here!"

"Of course, I was just trying to share a joke with my master is all."

"Whatever. Anyway, wouldn't it seem suspicious for our 'family' to come with us to a sleepover party?"

"Perhaps, but do you really trust those fools to be by themselves for the night?"

Ciel thought of the group of servants and Undertaker, and what the four of them might do to the hotel room they were staying in unsupervised, and shivered to himself.

"We can just say that our guardians want us to have adult supervision." He decided and had Sebastian call them and give them directions to the club's whereabouts. The hotel was fairly close, so they made it over within an hour.

The area in question was a grassy plane, not too wild, with short grass and minimal bugs, but wild enough to suit Tamaki's tastes.

Kyoya was sent to get sleeping bags ("And nothing else, Kyoya! We're living off the land tonight!") and the others say around in the grass in the meantime, waiting for both Kyoya and Ciel and Sebastian's family.

Ciel approached where Haruhi sat alone, watching the final strip of sun left in the sky set below the horizon. She say at the edge of a steep hill to get a better view.

"Hello." He sat down next to her.

"Hi, Ciel." She looked at him through the cornet of her eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked uncharacteristically.

"My mom." She stared up at the fading sky. "It's been ten years since she died."

"My parents have been gone for 4 years now, and I still think of them all the time."

"What were they like?" Haruhi turned to face Ciel.

"They... they were kind. At least, to me, I know. They adored me, their weak, effeminate son."

"There's nothing wrong with being effeminate, Ciel. Trust me, you're talking to a girl that gets mistaken as a dude 24/7. And dies it bother me? No. Because who you are inside matters so much more than if you look and act more feminine or masculine. I think you're amazing how you are, Ciel." She smiled at him.

"Thank you, Haruhi. But enough about me. Please, tell me what your family is like. Do you live with your father? What's he like? What was your mother like?"

"My father is eccentric, and crazy, and sometimes overly attached to me, but I couldn't have wished for a better, more loving one. And my mother? Well my memories of her become hazier every day. But I remember how much love she had for her family. My father and I, we were her world. She was kind and smart and loving. My father says I look more like her every day." Haruhi smiled and bowed her head bashfully.

"She must have been wonderful." Ciel smiled to himself.

"Weeeeeee're heeeree!" Ciel heard the Undertaker's cackle and winced.

"Where's my little nephew Ciel?"

And the night under the stars commenced, and with every passing moment the thought of the mission got pushed farther and farther into the back of Ciel's mind.