Four // Can I Invite Chickens as Guest?

Carson drank all the contents in one gulp, ignoring the nuns' loud grunts that was obviously thrown at him. He breathed in a relief after he couldn't feel anything funny on his stomach.

He handed the white cup that was now emptied by him to the nuns, a lopsided grin spilling on his lips. "Can I ask another cup of water for my girlfriend please?" There was a slight swoon in each and every face of the nuns, their eyes slightly twinkling as Carson smiled at them. It almost made Carson's face dim but Aurora was probably famished outside.

After the nun gave him the white cup, he sent them another infamous smile of his and scampered towards where Sam was spilling her guts. She wasn't finished when he arrived and the last drop of the sticky white liquid came out from her mouth.

She was a disastrous sight, Carson concluded.

"Here," he said, handing the cup to her. Sam slightly wobbled on her feet but Carson led her upright, her blue eyes gazing past Carson's black ones.

"What's your name, Carson?" Sam blurted in a drunken tone. He didn't miss the nanosecond smile appearing on her lips.

"Christian," he replied. "What about you, Aurora?"

Her eyes crinkled. "Samantha."

"Nice name," Christian said.

"Mainstream name."

Carson, which was Christian in the first place, almost did a double-take at Aurora's, now he learned as Samantha's, words.

"At least it's a hot name." Christian wagged his brows and let out a low whistle. Samantha laughed and there was something so enticing about the melody producing from her lips because he was laughing as well.

A clearing of a throat disturbed their peaceful trance, their eyes averting to an ageing man who had a severe case of back problems. He didn't have a straight posture because it was due to the fact he was old, thus, he lacked of calcium. He had wispy white hair donning his forehead that was shiny against the lights outside the church, his steps small.

Sam wondered if it would take him a week to reach the point where they were standing. Sam and Christian still had no plans of moving closer to the old man, or maybe it was because they were too afraid to trust themselves on walking towards the old man. They might probably trip over a simple rock and end up dead. That thought was already swirling inside Sam's head.

"You young children are disturbing our peaceful night," he said. His voice reminded Sam of her grandfather which was raspy and fragile. If her grandfather had those, his had a worse case because he could barely make out those words from his mouth. The good thing was, he still had enough energy to chastise the duo.

"We actually want to get married," Christian blurted, his words overrunning together while he placed an arm around her shoulder. She did not move.

"At one in the morning," he deadpanned, giving Sam and Christian serious looks.

They sobered themselves up, mustering the most serious and straightest look at the old man. They had a staring contest for a moment, until the old man who had a severe case of back problems gave in and nodded.

"I might make you wed tonight," he said, as he let out a breath which meant he was caving in to his loss at the staring battle.

Sam loudly squealed, jumping up and down as if she won the lottery. She hugged Christian tightly who was standing right beside her, his black eyes widening in delight.

"Hush," the old man, whose voice was laced with thick fragility, silenced and Sam stood straighter than an officer in training at the military. "Prepare your vows—"

"Wait," she interrupted. "Can I invite the chickens as guests?"

The old man, which was the priest for the ceremony, grunted. "Is she literally out of her mind?" he grumbled under his breath. He gave them a tight smile. "No," he flat-out replied, turning his back.

"Come on," she pleaded. "We can roast them at the reception of our wedding."

Christian guffawed loudly and the priest restrained himself from laughing at her stupid suggestion. Chickens as guests for the wedding and chickens becoming main course dishes at the reception. She wasn't even high on drugs, he could tell, but she was crazier than a man who had a large dosage of meth himself.

"Still a no," he insisted. "Prepare for your vows." With that, he walked away while he could still hear her complaining because she was not allowed to invite animals as part for the union of her and Christian.

Sam wondered why Noah was allowed to bring animals to the ark, while she couldn't even bring one kind of animal that could cheer their fruitful night, because Christian and she were going to be united as one.

She almost giggled inside her head.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Do you, Christian, take Samantha as your wedded wife, for sickness and in health, for better or for worse?" the priest with severe back problems asked, his gaze on Christian.

"I do," Christian answered, his black eyes staring over at Samantha who wore a veil on her head. Her blue eyes suddenly shined even in the darkest area of the church, a smile marking her lips. She looked breath-taking.

"Do you, Samantha, take Christian as your wedded husband, for sickness and in health, for better or for worse?"

"I do," she solemnly replied, focusing only at Christian. It was a surprise he managed to pull a neat hairdo on his hair because he looked like he just got out of bed, his black eyes penetrating holes to her soul. He looked breath-taking.

"You may now say your vows," the priest imperatively ordered.

"I only met you for like, three hours? And here we are getting married like there was no tomorrow," Samantha said, gushing at her words. He looked handsome even on his plain shirt. She was practically swooning over him.

There was a gasp leaving the priest's lips, most likely he was astonished they only met in less than twenty-four hours. To top that off, they married in less than a day.

"I am lucky to be your wife," she added.

"You look so amazing tonight. And I am glad I met you," Christian slurred.

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest sardonically announced while Christian's lips smashed over at Samantha's.

She tasted of raspberry lip balms with a hint of alcohol whilst she smelled like freshly showered baby. His heart palpitated loudly against his chest, thinking drunkenly how lucky he was to marry the girl he barely even knew.