Three // Let's Buy a Cheap Wedding Ring

"Carson!" Sam obnoxiously yelled at the man who was just standing right beside her, their arms linked together. They were entering a closed jewellery shop but it seemed Sam was not bothered if the owner was asleep, alive or dead even. Sam almost staggered on her feet but Carson kept her upright if that was even possible because the both of them were drunk.

They decided to buy a cheap wedding ring.

"Let's. Buy. A. Cheap. Wedding. Ring!" Sam slowly drawled, like Darla in Finding Nemo, shaking her arm that was linked on his arm. Her voice echoed in the quiet town she didn't even know what name it was.

"Yes we will," Carson said loudly. He sounded like Sheen from Jimmy Neutron. "We will buy us wedding rings!" He was clapping giddily and Sam laughed at his actions. Carson strongly knocked at the wooden door of the jewellery shop, an old frail man opening it, a creaking sound escaping from its hinges. He had a slightly annoyed look on his face but the duo ignored his expression.

"Take us to your wedding rings," Sam demanded in a firm tone which made the old man grow stiff. He suddenly recognized the young lady for she was featured in national news, international even. He remembered she was the CEO of Wolfram Industries, a growing drug company.

He almost ran back to his study to bring a paper and a pen, and ask for her autograph but her demands of buying a wedding ring was more important than the autograph that he had been dreaming of. He had followed down her journey towards finding a drug that could even cure cancer and so far, there were no news about her company's findings.

Even in his seventies, the old man—and the owner of the shop as well—moved like a twenty-five-year-old athlete. He was moving fast as he led Carson and Sam to the transparent glass desks that held rings, varying from different sizes and different occasions. Sam walked sloppily on her feet as she squinted her eyes when a pair of rings caught her attention.

It was sparkling like the stars and Sam started yapping like a dog who was delighted to see its master. She clapped like a five-year-old kid and the man was unsure if he found her amusing or if he found her childish.

"Look Carson!" she exclaimed in pure delight. "This old man brought the star from the night sky to us!"

The old man wasn't sure if he should laugh at her drunken state or he should be worried of her drunken state. The man who was linking his arm beside Samantha Evers was also nodding with a large smile imprinted on his face. The old man thought he was sober but he was clearly very drunk as well. His posture wasn't staggering so he wasn't showing off much that he was not clearheaded.

"Even though the stars go crazy!" Sam started singing in an off key tune.

Carson clamped a hand on her lips to shut her up.

She was still singing in a muffled voice though, and she started licking Carson's palm. Carson giggled like a little schoolgirl, letting out broken laughs from his throat. He liked the feeling of Sam's tongue swirling on his palm like a wet elastic rubber band was skating along it.

The old man stared at the pair with shock written on his eyes, his vision darting from the left to right. He was suddenly growing impatient with the two drunkards, and even though he was a huge fan of Engr. Samantha Evers a lot, he couldn't help but send them out of his store.

Growing impatient, he asked, "Are you going to buy a ring or not? I still have a store to open at eight in the morning."

Carson and Samantha sobered their drunken selves up, their eyes focused towards the old man who had a grumpy look etched on his face. They gave him sheepish smiles in which the old man returned by simply widening his eyes.