Chapter 24: Visiting Day

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes before grabbing Eric's arm and bringing him over to my grandparents "Eric I would like you to meet my grandparents, dad's parents, Lily and Noah, grandma and grandpa this is Eric, Dauntless's youngest leader and the father" I introduce them, Eric kisses grandma hands which makes her blush while grandpa grabs Eric in a man hug, probably too much to Eric's displeasure, but he sucks it up.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to make my rounds and I'll let you enjoy your time with Aurelia" Eric says, clearly eager to escape any more hugs from my hippie family, he's probably going to have to torture somebody now to keep people scared of him, he kisses my cheek quickly before stalking off to 'check on' the other initiates.

"Well that was quite the surprise exit, I suppose grandpa scared him off" mum says and we giggle uncontrollably, mum then whispers what she just said to me to dad and he laughs more louder while I make my way to Sam and Nadia who were patiently waiting, the girls Dawn and Rose were fidgeting madly and they had to put them down.

Which was a bad idea as they made their way over to me on the double and both grab a leg each and start hugging them viciously, they start babbling in their baby talk and some people go aww at the sight including the dauntless, "motherhood will do you well Aurelia, even if you're in dauntless, you look like a natural" Nadia comments and I look at her "do you really think so? I'm scared to be honest"i reveal to her and she smiles.

"I was scared too at first, and it only got worse when we found out we were having twins, but the second they were born, all that fear and anxiety just disappeared, and love took it's place, sure there were some times when I felt like I couldn't handle it but I had Sam there, and that was what kept me sane, and since Eric is clearly determined to be at your side I wouldn't be too worried, you'll be just fine" Nadia smiles as she shares her wisdom.

But will it be like that for me, Nadia always seemed to be a natural at everything, is my point of view on seeing things different from hers? "Oh don't try to scare Aurelia Nadia that wouldn't be very kind would it?" Sam jokes while Nadia looks offended "Samuel Moonshine how dare you! I would never ..." She's cut off when Sam grabs her and kisses her passionately and she starts responding back which starts earning wolf whistles and words of encouragement from the dauntless, and gasps from others.

Some people are even laughing at the sight, an amity couple kissing in the dauntless compound, unheard of, I look to see will and his sister laughing, Christina and her family is laughing as well, Uriah, Marlene's and Lynn's families are all doubling over, wolf whistling and/or shouting encouragement while the dauntless leaders look on in amusement with once again jeanine and her council once again.

They must be here to re convince max and the others to join their scheme, but I can't alert tris as they may see that as suspicious, I pull my gaze from them and focus on Sam "I love you brother, even with faction before bold, we share much more then blood, I know" I whisper the last bit to him while I hug him and when I pull back he nods at me and I step back after saying goodbye to Nadia, Rose and Dawn.

I make my way back to mum and dad who are looking up at the leaders, or more likely Chris," I didn't know he became a leader ohh he looks all grown up Hugh" mum says and dad just hums "that's our boy, it's a shame we couldn't say hello to him but he looks rather busy" dad says cryptically. He waves and I look to see jeanine has waved at him, that women is really confusing, she wants to wipe out abnegation but can smile and wave at my dad.

"I never really liked that bitch, even when we were all younger, she tried to convince Hugh to stay in erudite with her, even going as far to slutshame me, such a stupid cow, she may be smart but she's stupid as fuck" mum reveal and I just basically start laughing like a retarded seal, "now now my dear that isn't very amity of you to say such things" dad mock scolds and I smile at their humour.