Chapter 24: Visiting Day

Start from the beginning

"They're amity, how bad could it be?" He asks and I only smirk "you know nothing Eric Coulter" I say before I walk into the bathroom.
...................................................

Time lapse to visiting time

I stand here patiently with tris and the other intiates. Tris is on my left while Christina is on my right, Uriah and my other dauntless born friends sit on the table behind us, they're a lot more excited to see their families I suppose because they're dauntless, I imagine it would be more difficult for the transfer born because our parents may not come simply because they're too scared or too ashamed. It even makes me anxious.

"So Aurelia, will your badass parents be coming?" Uriah asks from behind me and I look back at him "I should hope so, the only thing that I'm worried about though is who else will be coming with them." Uriah then hi fives Lynn's hand and will groans while Christina laughs "will doesn't want his parents to find out that is if they come and mine that we both smoked pot in amity" Christina explains.

"There's no need to be worried about that, the amity would rather keep it to themselves, you know, to keep the peace" I say just as max and the other leaders stand above us, "initiates, as you know today is visiting day, if your family bothers to show up congratulations, however if they do, it's best not to seem too attached, as it would show to us that you may not be entirely happy with your faction of choice, and to us that seems ....shameful, good luck" max says and whistles.

Dauntless born arrive first of course, and they make their way over to the dauntless born who had made it past stage 1, it's odd seeing parents with tattoos and piercings but what can I say I grew up in amity, then minutes later swarms of blue and black and white show up as well, I see will walk off to a woman who looks like him only older, it must be his sister.

Christina walks off as well to a woman in black and white with two children at her sides which must be Christina's younger siblings, soon enough it's only me and tris who are waiting and I start fidgeting, maybe they couldn't make it?

But my doubts soon leave when I start hearing laughter before the red and yellow clothes and I know that they're here for me, I see my mum and dad as well as my grandparents, Sam, Nadia and the girls, and I can't keep my excitement in, I start waving madly and my mum sees me and smiles brightly while dad yells "ahh there's our baby girl".

I walk calmly over to them, forgetting all about tris, and I walk into my mum and dad's embrace and they hug me tightly "oh my baby girl, look at how much you've grown, and that bump awww" mum says as she hugs me, "I suppose it comes from your mothers side to look so beautiful when pregnant hey Diana?haha" dad laughs.

I hear laughter erupt beside me before someone wraps an arm around me and I know that it's Eric, mother and father share a look before dad clears his throat "ahh Eric, I was wondering if we would see you, how has my princess been?" Dad asks and I roll my eyes while Eric just chuckles "your daughter is very accomplished, you should be very proud of her, she's in 3rd place and while 3 months pregnant, I know that I'm proud" Eric says proudly.

"Who's in 3rd place?" Grandma asks and I have to laugh "our granddaughter Lily, I swear those crickets are taking away your hearing love" grandpa answers and I have to cough and hide my laughter, he gets so frustrated with her but he tolerates her, that must be his way of love. "Ohh congratulations dear, and while pregnant as well, you're very dedicated aren't you? Better then my daughter I can tell you" grandma says.

"But remember grandma, dauntless is different from erudite, they exercise only their brains, we break our entire self to breaking point, to push ourselves to and beyond our limits, so that we are able to protect without fear stopping us" I explain while she just looks confused. "But why would you want to go and do that? That just sounds like you're torturing yourself, buuuut, I suppose that they are some advantages, ohhhhoo who is that piece of hot flesh?" Grandma asks while pointing at Eric.