Two Badboys...-Chapter 5

The rest of the day passed pretty quickly, neither of the annoying two devils from Hell itself in my classes. I did notice the whispers and stares I got from a lot of the girls as I walked past though. To say that it pissed me off was an understatement. Jeez, what was the big hype about them anyway? They were just another two cocky, arrogant, jerk-headed, big-ego playboys. I scowled just thinking about them. 

As the bell finally signaled the end of yet another day, I breathed out a long sigh of relief. I nodded absently as Lisa chatted animatedly in my ear. She always had gossip to share. After several years of friendship, she still doesn't understand that I don't care for it. 

"See ya later hun!" she finally called, waving wildly at me "Chat with me later?"

"Alright, bye" I called back, ignoring the nasty looks I got from several passing girls. Neither me nor Lisa were very liked among the popular at the school. Lisa due to her gossiping tendencies and wild personality and me for my general hate for them. I would be lying if I said I had never openly threatened one of them to keep their lips shut unless she wanted them ripped off. 

As Lisa disappeared into the crowd of students all streaming out the doors, I felt a firm hand on my shoulder. 

"Ella" the familiar voice made me stiffen. I turned angrily, looking up into the large blue eyes smiling down at me. 

"What do you want?" I snapped, turning my back on him as I headed home. He fell into step beside me

"Are you angry?" he asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. Really? What an idiot?

"Are you seriously asking me that?" I brushed his hand off my shoulder, ignoring my urge to flip him onto his back for touching me. I not so discreetly quickened my pace. He kept up easily

"Ok, yeah that was stupid. It's about dodgeball today wasn't it?" he asked to which I rolled my eyes. 

"No. It's not the fact that you pegged a ball at my head when I was distracted, it's the fact that afterwards, you don't even say sorry. Instead I hear a half-arsed apology from your brother." I said trying to keep my voice even. "Look, I understand that you're a jerk and all and you need to keep up your bad-ass, I-dont-give-a-f*ck reputation but seriously, it wasn't exactly nice. I mean, do you always going around treating girls like trash? C'mon, you hit me in the head with a ball which then led me to end up passing out on the middle of the court. Even your brother had the decency to apologise to me" I realised I was ranting and snapped my mouth shut. 

I winced, jeez I was turning into a total bitch. My head snapped up as he started laughing. I stopped walking and just stared at him, bent over and laughing. When he finally looked up, I raised an eyebrow questioningly. 

"Wow, you're one of a kind" he commented, a crooked smile on his face. 

"What's that supposed to mean" I asked, rolling my eyes as we continued walking. 

"Well, most girls are throwing themselves at me. And my brother of course. But you...you don't give one single damn. I don't think anyone's told me off for years" he said, chuckling quietly.  

"So me being a bitch is a good thing?" I asked, smiling slightly at him. 

"Well if it means I get a break from girls flirting and touching me 24/7" he said with another smile

"Oh come on, you totally love it" I rolled my eyes at him. He burst into a wide grin and flicked his hair. 

"Well...it does have it's perks" 

We laughed together for a little longer. Maybe Lachlan wasn't as bad as I originally thought. 

"Anyways, sorry about dodgeball and your head and all" he said after we stopped laughing "But I mean, I do have to keep up my, what did you call it? Bad-ass I-don't-give-a-f*ck reputation?" he smirked at me.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever" I gave him a playful shove into the nearby bush "So, just out of curiosity, are you stalking me?" I asked after a comfortable silence, raising an eyebrow at him. He chuckled

"What? Me? Stalk you? Pshhh. I was beginning to think you were stalking me. Maybe you secretly are one of those flirty girls" he admitted as I rolled my eyes again. 

"As I recall, you were the one following me" I said as we turned onto my street. 

"Well, yeah...but I'm walking home...where are you going?" he asked and for once he looked confused. And it was kinda cute. 

"I'm going home..." I said slowly, narrowing my eyes. He stopped 3 doors down from my house and I did too. 

Noooo. No way...

We stood there, staring at each, eyes narrowed. 

Suddenly, a sleek black mustang screamed around the corner, heading straight for us. Metres away, it pulled into the driveway of the house we were outside, coming to a screeching stop. The driver side door opened and Jayden stepped out, giving us both suspicious looks. The front door slammed open and a young, black haired lady stepped out. 

"Lachie, Jaydie! You're home early. How was school?" she asked, wrapping Jayden in a hug. I watched as his face reddened. 

"Hey mum" he mumbled. 

And my suspicions came true. My jaw dropped. I turned to Lachlan who had a ridiculous smile on his face.

"Y-you...live here?" I choked out

"What...yeah...why?" he asked rubbing the back of his neck.

I stood there and stared at him. This was like some sort of cute lovey-dovey Wattpad story or something. Suddenly the lady walked over and gave Lachlan a kiss on the cheek. 

"Hey honey. Who's your new friend?" she asked politely, giving me a small smile. 

"This is uhh Ella..." he said raising his eyebrows at me

"What did I say about you two boys always trying to sneak your girlfriends over?" she said, giving them both a stern look. 

"I'm not his girlfriend" I blurted out just as he cried "She's not my girlfriend"

We gave each other awkward smiles as his mum laughed. 

"I was joking. Your friends are always welcome" she said smiling at me. I managed a small nervous smile back. Suddenly Jayden sauntered over

"What are you doing here anyways?" he asked almost rudely.

I narrowed my eyes

"I was walking home..." I said quietly edging along the road closer to my house

"Wait do you live near here as well?" asked Lachlan, his brow furrowed "You weren't lying?" 

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. I was doing that alot lately. 

"Yeah...just...there" I said nodding at my own pile of bricks a few meters away. 

"Woah...that's a little weird..." said Jayden, looking shocked "You're not gonna like come over and spy on us like a creepy admirer are you?"

I scowled at him, smiling slightly as his  mum hit him lightly over the head

"Jayden, behave. Ella, you're welcome to come over anytime" she said, sending me a sweet smile before she smirked at her son and disappeared back into the house. I felt myself smile at her behavior and the slight pinkish tinge now on Jayden's face. 

"Why are you still here?" he cried, crossing his arms like a child as he all but pouted "Stop staring you creep!" 

I felt my jaw drop slightly before my cheeks warmed as Lachlan laughed. 

"Whatever" I threw at him with a flustered glare "I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow..." I quickly turned my back on the two and jogged up my driveway, slipping through the front door. I slammed it shut and slumped down behind it, groaning. 

Why me? 

A/N: I'd love a comment vote or message ^^ Also feel free to follow me! I follow back and don't bite C: