CasxReader

Updated on 10 Aug., 2016 

"Why did you act so recklessly, (Y/N)?" Cas said, his blue eyes staring into your own (Y/E/C) eyes.

"It's not like I meant to," you said with gritted teeth. 

Cas picked you up bridal style and flashed the two of you into your room in the bunker. Sam and Dean would make it back in their own time. This was usually how Cas reacted when you were hurt in a hunt. He was protective as is, but once you were hurt, everything changed. Cas laid you on your bed gently while he looked at your wounds. Clear, blue eyes pierced into your very soul and you felt yourself melt. 

The angel had always had that effect on you, but you had figured it was because he was an angel. Fear was the main expression across his face. "Cassie, I'll be fine. Honestly, don't stress abo-"

"You are hurt extremely and I can do nothing to help you! I am useless, and it was pointless to save me."

"Castiel! Don't you ever say that again! Don't you even think such things. With or without your grace, you are an important aspect to this team and we would never leave you to die! How could yo-!" Your words were cut off by the stabbing pain in your ribs becoming unbearable. Tears were forming in Castiel's eyes and you couldn't help but want to make everything that was hurting him go away. All you wanted to do was hold the angel in your arms and protect him from everything just as he had done for you countless nights. 

"I understand, (Y/N)... I am sorry for hurting you so." Cas's voice was sincere and warm, choked up with tears that he was holding behind his eyelids. "You have broken ribs, but no internal bleeding which is good. The broken ribs will heal over time, but it will take months. This means that you are not to go on hunts until I have deemed that your body is completely healed."

"Yeah, as if that will happen." You started to get up again only to have Cas's hands guide you back into bed. "Cas, you can't keep me in bed forever."

"No, but I will for the duration of your injury."

"Cas-"

"(Y/N)!" you looked at him in shock to his snap and his gaze softened slightly. "I apologize, it's just that you're hurt and I can't help you heal any faster."

His sad, puppy eyes could put Sam's to shame in moments like this. Your heart melted again, and you felt almost forced to compromise with the angel. You looked up and smiled softly, "Sure you can, just stay here and help me around the house."

"But you are to stay in bed."

"That's why I'm asking for your help! Let's face it, this bunker runs because I keep it that way. This means, that I need you to be me for a while."

"(Y/N), I refuse to possess you, especially when you're in this condition."

"I don't mean it literally, Cassie. Just, be my eyes and ears, and arms in this case. I'm going to walk you through the process of keeping this place in tip top shape."

"I believe I understand what you mean. What would you like for me to do first?"

You told Cas that he would need to have the medical kit near the front door for Sam and Dean once they got back, as well as alcohol and junk food for Dean. "He enjoys pie..." Cas seemed deep in thought and you smiled at him. It was true that he and Dean had a profound bond, one that you never intended on messing with. You felt that the angel didn't love Dean, but he surely admired him and looked to him as his source of human culture. That was a good, and bad thing. You chuckled softly and Cas looked at you confused. 

"Nothing, I was just thinking. If you set out dough, cherry filling, and the pie tin, Dean will easily be able to make his own pie." Cas nodded before walking out of the room at a brisk pace. You were grateful that you had no exterior wounds, you really didn't want to teach Cas how to stitch up a wound. Your stomach grumbled and you rolled your eyes. Cas was out of the room, and most likely very distracted by the long list of tasks you had given him. 

Taking in a deep breath, you sat up and swung your legs over the edge of the bed in one fluid, painful motion. You gritted your teeth and took in a sharp breath. Holding your side, you were about to try to stand when Cas reappeared in the doorway. 

"(Y/N)?! Why can you not follow simple instructions?"

"But Cas, I'm hungry!" you whined as if you were a sick kid. Cas looked at you and nodded before walking out, returning soon with a bowl of (Y/F/F) ice cream. You chuckled a bit and looked at him. "Ice cream?"

"It is easy to eat and I remember you eating more than 3 tubs in one week while-"

"I remember, angel," you quickly cut him off and reached for the ice cream, only to have Cas pull it back a little and look at you. "You're going to go this far?"

"For your health, yes." He looked at you stubbornly until you rolled your eyes and nodded, allowing him to feed you the ice cream. Once you were done, he took the dish back to the kitchen and came back to see you sitting up on the bed again. "(Y/N)? Why will you not just rest?" Cas said softly.

"Cas, I need to get up and move around. You know, stretch and stuff."

"(Y/N), please, you are still in no condition to be moving at the pace you do."

"What's that supposed to mean?" you said while looking at him with a smile on your face. 

He rolled his eyes and led you back to laying back down on the bed. When you shifted, he gently kissed your forehead and smiled. "Well that works." Cas said more to himself than anyone else, the blush on his face deepening. You smile and pull him so that your lips crash into his. He rests one hand on the bed while the other cups your face. "(Y/N)?" he says once you two break apart for air.

"Yes Castiel?"

"I love you," he says with a goofy grin and bright red cheeks.

"I love you too, my sweet angel."

He smiled and ran a finger across your forehead. "You are the angel right now, (Y/N)..." Cas's voice seemed distant and almost sleepy. 

"Cas, did you just flirt with me?"

His face burned to the shade of a bright red cherry before he kissed you softly again. "I have been listening to Dean while he is in bars with women. I wanted to know how to say the right thing to you."

You laughed, hard enough to cause the pain to come back, but you didn't care. "Oh Cas, Dean is most certainly not the man to listen to when it comes to complete romance. Now if you're looking for a one-night.... You know, never mind. Another time maybe."

Cas shrugged lightly and laid in the bed beside you, wrapping his arms around you. "I did mean it though."

"Which part?" You couldn't hide the smile on your face as you asked him the simple question. 

"I love you." You smiled, kissed his hand and drifted into a blissful sleep, wrapped in the warmth of your angel.