blurb

hellllooooo, update from me writing this 5 years later, if u didn't bother reading the disclaimer in the preview of this book, i'm here to tell ya this book is kinda cringey and cute at the same time. i mean i did write this when i was 15/16 so i didn't really know what I was doing so... AND also when I wrote this, I was very uneducated on the gender role subject so there are a few times where what I wrote is ignorant to the said subject so pls don't come for me.. anyways if u still close to continue reading this, THANKS I hope u like it 🤍

[ , calum , ]

everyone makes mistakes. some people regret them, some people live with them, coming to the realization that the mistake was worth it. the latter was calum's case. getting your best friend pregnant when your 16 isn't the best thing to do. hell, he isn't even straight. they're were just so high and so heartbroken (both just recently being broken up with) they decided, "oh hey maybe if we have sex, we'll feel better!" things lead to another and two months later, she's knocking at his parents house, crying, because calum got her pregnant. they're were just so young. he was just 16 at the time, and she had just turned 17, it's scary. but they both sucked it up. of course, something always had to go wrong. turned out, she didn't even want the baby, she didn't even want anything to do with it, and that's what hurt calum. he knew he had to step up and love their baby with everything he had, and he did. they had their precious little girl come into the world 9 months later, with no problems, the only problem being her mother running away once she turned 6 months. but calum stepped up to be the best father he could, he wanted to prove to everyone he could do it, he didn't just knock up a girl, because he didn't, he just wanted to be the best dad he could be, and he knew he was, and he couldn't be prouder.

_______________

calum hated waking up early. sleep was something he loved, but with a two year old daughter in the mix, he didn't get sleep what so ever, but he sucked it up, not because he wanted too, but because he had too. arabella always woke up early, too early for calum's liking, crying and screaming, just wanting her father's attention, calum never needed an alarm clock. today wasn't any different, calum woke up to arabella's cries and screams for her daddy, calum instantly got out of bed walking over to her crib that was located in the corner of his room, her stubby little legs holding her up, tears falling out her eyes as she made grabby hand at calum.

"hey, baby. what's wrong, why're you crying? pretty girls like you don't deserve to cry.." calum soothes her, placing her on his hips as he rubs his hand up and down her back as she continues to cry into his neck.

"hey hey hey, calm down, do you want some juice?" he asks her, wiping the tears her from eyes, smiling at her, when seeing the tears had stopped. she whispers a small, but audible "yeah" to calum, making calum nod, as he walks towards the kitchen.

he places arabella on her high chair, grabbing a purple sippy cup from the cabinet, and grabbing the jug of apple juice from the fridge, before pouring the juice into the cup and handing it to arabella.

"babes, you want cereal or a piece of bread with jelly?" he questions his daughter, looking over at her, as he looks at him with her big brown eyes.

"loops?" she smiles, nodding her head at calum. calum takes out the fruit loops from the cabinet, pouring some in a small bowl for arabella and in a bigger bowl for himself. he place the bowl infront of arabella and himself before eating. they both eat in silence just taking his each other's presence.

"daddy?" arabella's small voice calls out, making calum's attention focus on her.

"yes, princess?"

"unca lukey?" she asks, looking at calum with a big smile adorning her features, calum praises himself for creating such a beautiful thing, before nodding his head at her, a grin on his face matching hers.

"'course, babe. c'mon let's go get you dressed so we can head out." he places both his and her bowl in sink, mentally cursing at himself when seeing the pile of dishes, stacked up, before heading back to arabella and taking her out of her high chair and placing her down. he watches as she runs towards his and her room.

when calum walks into their room, he coos at his daughter when seeing she's patiently sitting next to his bed, waiting for him.

"okay, love. what do you wanna wear to luke's?" calum asks, opening all her drawers, before picking her up so she can see her options.

"pwincess dress, daddy?" she asks, the smile on her face, not letting calum say no.

"anything, for daddy's little princess." he says, smiling at her, before pressing his lips to get cheek, making her giggle.

__________________

so this is happening and i'm pretty fucking excited. this is gona be single dad calum with fem michael woooooo and I haven't seen anyone write about single dad calum so this is a first (for me)

so vote and comment to let me know you guys actually want me to do this and I might just start this earlier 😊😊😊😊😊