chapter 19

Tess's Pov

"Yea, can I have a mint chocolate chip with vanilla on top of that with sprinkles and a flake" I ordered and the women looked at me strangely. I raised a brow, why wasn't she getting me what I ordered.

"Urm...we don't do that" she said rudely and I creased my brows. Dumping my bag on the floor I leaned over the counter so my face was in front of hers. I creased my brows.

"Do you want me to scream?" I asked completely serious and the woman took a couple of steps back.

"Like you would-"she started but I cut her off by screaming bloody murder. She jumped in shock and looked around to find people staring and guards coming. Oh Adrian and Jack must be here. Cool.

"Ok, just stop. It's on the house" the woman said fearfully and I did as she asked with a fearful smile as the guards approached. Taking my ice-cream I ignored the guards until I spotted John.

"Hey John" I grinned and he smiled when he realised it was me. Telling the guards to return to their positions I notice Adrian and Jack jogging towards us with Dana walking sloppily behind.

"I should have known it was you Tess, you know it's not safe for you to keep doing that" he said with a chuckle and I smiled with a nod.

"Sorry, but she refused to serve me what I wanted. I got it free though" I grinned happily as I licked my ice-cream. John laughed before looking at the woman at the counter with concern, following his gaze I saw her panting as if she was about to have a panic attack or something. Crap, did I do that?

"Tess, are you alright, we heard you scream?" Jack said panicked as he looked me over. I smiled and nodded as I licked my ice-cream, I was right when I thought it would taste delicious.

"Yea I'm fine-"I started but I was interrupted by Dana, what was her problem?

"You're such a child Tess, grow up!" she hissed and I gaped at her. She was wearing a jungle coloured bikini with a white skirt, a scowl on her face as she glared at me much too every ones shock. I tilted my head to the side before I turned around and walked in the opposite direction, leaving everyone behind as I went to find a seat on the beach.

I didn't let what Dana said get to me, I knew I acted like a child due to my hyperactive brain, but what did bother me was the fact she used to be my best friend. We used to be so close until Jack showed up she suddenly decided she wanted to be queen, which I didn't get, why would you want all that responsibly? I didn't blame Jack, it wasn't his fault he was nice and I knew he would treat Dana right. It was him I was worried about.

"Tess?" someone asked, braking me from my thoughts, I smiled when I saw it was Adrian. Gesturing for him to take a seat next to me I offered him my ice-cream only to see he already had one. I grinned as I looked at the flavour he had, it was pink but I didn't know what it was exactly.

"What have you got?" I asked as I looked at his ice-cream with confusion. It was brightly coloured and had melted slightly in the sun much like mine.

"Cranberry I think, one of my guards got it" he replied before grinning as he watched me eye it. "Would you like a taste?" he grinned and I nodded eagerly, never having heard of cranberry ice-cream before. I thought it was a fruit, or a juice of some sort.

"Thank you!" I beamed as I kissed him on the cheek before taking a long lick of the pink coloured ice-cream, moaning slightly at the taste. Pulling back I looked at him as I licked my lips, he was looking at me hungrily causing me to shiver slightly. Taking my ice-cream I offered him a taste which he took, I watched intently as he followed my previous move of licking the chocolaty goodness.

"Wow, what is that?" he asked, the delicious taste seemingly snapping him out of it. For some reason I felt disappointed but I said nothing as I laid back on the sand, not caring as it got in my hair.

"Mint chocolate chip, vanilla, sprinkles and a flake" I beamed and he looked at me with amusement before confusion.

"How come they let you have some many flavours?" he asked and I laughed at his adorable expression.

"I screamed" I stated and he seemed to think for a minute before laughing when he recoiled the guards running up the beach, he was there for heaven's sake! We didn't speak as we finished our ice-cream, tasting each other's until we were left with nothing. My bottom lip trembled slightly as I looked at my empty hands while Adrian looked at me with concern.

"You all right Tess?" he asked and I suddenly snapped out it. I looked at him grinning, just about to ask whether he wanted to go for a swim when suddenly the beach was filled with half-naked screaming girls. I jumped, no sooner had the excited voices appeared Adrian's guards came out from the shadows to make themselves known. I sat opened mouthed, how did they do that? I didn't even know they were there. Cool!

"OMG Adrian, I didn't realise you would be here"

"Come swim with us Adrian"

Were the high-pitched screams which filled the air as the girls whom I recognised from school make themselves known? As soon as they got to Adrian they seemed to surround him as they all tried to talk at once, deciding on using my ninger skills I slipped away and went off to find a guard. What? I really want to know how they do that cool appearing out of nowhere thing. ​