chapter 7

Tess's Pov

I had run back to my room as soon as I hugged John goodbye, he tried to ask me what was wrong but I shook my head and legged it. I had no idea what I was going to do, I sat next to her boyfriend in homeroom, and I mean I could swap seats with her and just stay out of her way. I mean that's all I could think of to do. As I quickly slipped into my uniform, deciding on not to push it today I grabbed my sketch pad and made my way outside. I decided to skip a few lessons today and sit outside. As I walked with a small skip in my step I settled under an old oak tree and leaned back against the trunk of it. I took out my pencil and thought about what to draw. I always draw when I am thinking or upset, my emotions seem to pour into my drawings and I found it comforted me. Even though my stay here was being threatened I just couldn't stay sad for very long, it wasn't in my genes to do so.

"Perfect" I muttered lowly when I thought of what to draw. I saw a guard standing near an exit and decided to draw him. As my pencil sketched on my paper I drew him standing looking over to pond filled with a wide amount of tropical fish. I was so interested in my drawings that I didn't see as my ex-best friend approached me and stand so she was hovering over my form, blocking the light from touching my page. I looked up confused. She glared and I tilted my head to the side in confusion, she never skipped class so why was she here?

"Right Tess, did my new guard give you the news?" she sneered and I looked at her with confusion. New guard... were they getting married or something? I nodded slowly even though I was confused.

"Good because I want to be queen and I don't want you to get in the way. I have seen how he sometimes stares at you and it is sickening. Back off or I will get you chucked out of here, got it bitch!" she scream whispered to me and I nodded my head. To be honest I just wanted her to leave so I could finish my drawing, the light was changing so the shading would be as well which I didn't want. With one last sneer she left. I sighed in relief but before I could carry on another shadow leaned over me. I looked up to be met with a pair of dazzling greens. I groaned, not now I thought.