chapter 5

Tess's Pov

I woke up in the morning in a good mood. As I jumped out of bed and took a quick shower I decided that I wanted to get back into my PJs. It consisted of emerald green tank top which matched my eyes and a pair of matching green short shorts. I giggled as I looked in the mirror and ran a brush through my hair; I added a bit of lippy and a dash of mascara before I slipped into a pair of my favourite slippers which were a pair of grey angle boots. I looked cool I thought as I grabbed my stuff and legged it to homeroom, I just knew I would be late again!

I was.

"Tess, what the hell are you wearing?" Sir asked me angrily and I looked at him and grinned, I opened my bag and took out a bright red apple.

"I brought you an apple!" I said cheerfully as I put it on his desk and skipped to my seat. Dana ignored me but continued to wink at Jack as soon as he locked eye contact with her. I was happy for her. The teacher was so confused about the apple that he just shook his head and carried on with the register.

"You know you have other teacher's right?" Jack said as he eyed my PJs with interest. I saw something in his eyes which I couldn't register, lust? Na! I grinned before I put my bag on the table and showed him the other apples in my bag.

"I am prepared!" I saluted and laughed, surprisingly he chuckled and it sounded genuine. Strange I thought.

"Tess, stop annoying the prince or I will force you to move!" the teacher shouted and shouts around the room started saying that they would trade places with me. I huffed and took out my sketch pad, yea in liked to draw as much as I like muffins, and I loved muffins! As I scanned the room I saw everyone was working, hell how much time had I been out of it? As I looked next to me I saw Jack and grinned to myself, perfect I thought as I started to sketch out his features. As I drew the finishing touches I couldn't help but think about what I would do if I was a fairy...I mean I would be a good fairy of course but would I have wings and magic and stuff, I hoped I would. I snapped out of it when I heard the bell ring, I sighed and started to back away, I had missed the entire lesson...again.

"What you drawing?" a voice suddenly said and I froze, are the evil fairies coming to get me?

"OMG I am sorry, but you will never take me you evil fairy!" I screamed into mid air before grabbing my stuff and running out of the room, hearing the laughter as I escaped I made my way to my next class. Art! Yay! I walked into the classroom nervously, I mean there was an evil fairy about wasn't there? I scanned the room to find that I was first in the room; gosh did I run the whole way? Probably I thought as I walked over to my favourite seat. I was allowed to sit on the windowsill while I worked since I could see the entire room as well as the outside; I could draw the students or the nature of outside. I quickly got out my sketch pad and looked at the unfinished drawing of Jack, I sighed in annoyance since I hated to leave unfinished drawings in my book. I was told I had a natural skill for drawing and I had to agree, it was one of my favourite things to do when I had spare time. I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't notice the students coming into the room, I mean they were as quiet as mice...why did people actually say that, I mean mice squeak and that don't they. Strange!

"You ran from me earlier, now you will not be so quick" I heard someone say lowly in my ear, I screamed. It was the evil fairy; he was here, in my English room! I jumped up but forgot I was on the windowsill so I tripped and fell onto the floor with a loud thump. I cried out in pain and I heard the evil fairy curse, apart from this time the voice was familiar...Jack? I opened my eyes and they blurred with tears as I felt a bruise start to form on my hip bone...man that hurt like a bundle of grapes!

"Shit! Are you alright Tess?" the prince asked, sounding generally sorry for scaring the crud out of me. I looked at him and smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry" I muttered and he looked at me like I had lost my head.

"What?" he asked with a creased brow after waving the guards away, ha they came running. I thought it was hilarious, but I had better not do it too much in case I actually need them to come. I have read the story 'the boy who cried wolf' after all. It was such a sad story, those poor sheep!

"Tess?" jack broke me out of my thoughts and I looked at him confused. He seemed to gather I had no idea what was going on so he elaborated "you where saying sorry" he said as if talking to a two year old. I pouted.

"What do I have to be sorry about, you pretended to be an evil fairy. And I am still lying on the floor!" I screamed in frustration and his eyes widened in shock, he looked at me as if I was crazy but I shrugged it off and held my hand out for him to help me up. I was laying in an awkward position on the floor still. He just stared at me uncomfortably, fine so he didn't want to been seen touching me! Fine, bloody princes! They just have to be stuck up don't they, too good to be with me!

"Fine" I muttered to myself and slowly got myself off the ground, biting my bottom lip hard to prevent from crying out in pain I managed to get up using the counters edge. I looked around to find everyone staying at us, the boys looked pissed and confused to why the prince didn't help a girl while the girls looked amused. Bitches! I started to walk but stumbled.

"Can like someone help me to the nurses office please?" I asked quietly and the boy sitting next to me got up and picked me up bridal style as I wrapped my arms around his neck to support myself. I didn't even look at the bastard as the cute boy carried me out of the classroom and to the nurse's office. My hip really hurt.