Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“So what you are saying is that this Microscopic thing is what makes me toss a guy into a Dumpster? What makes John kick the $#!% out of those seven thugs? And what makes you Shoot needle like minerals out of your arms?” I confirmed. Fred nodded at me

“Did you figure out why it gave us these powers/enhanced abilities?” Science is not my best subject but I know there’s more to this than what Fred is explaining to me.

“Sadly no I haven’t. All I can get from it is that it functions just like a normal cell. It’s as if something is blocking me from figuring out what’s inside the Meta Cell that gives us our powers/abilities.” Fred sighed and sat down in his chair he rubbed his temples in frustration.

“All we know is that that cell” John pointed toward the Meta Cell “Is what makes us Meta Humans.” John finished for Fred. It was at this moment that I realized they were no closer to figuring out how we got these powers than I was. I wanted to leave these guy’s and find someone that could explain how cells could give us powers but something was holding me back from leaving. So I decided to stay and help them to figure out the secret to what’s blocking Fred from figuring out what makes us Meta Humans, and who knows maybe there are other’s out there like us that need help figuring out what to do with their… “Gifts.” I know what I want to do. I want to help people, I know that sounds corny but it’s what I really want to do. I want to make up for the life that I took.

‘I’ll make it up to you Mike I promI-‘

BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP!!!

A loud beeping sound came from another room. John and Fred looked at each other then they sprinted into the room where the beeping was coming from. I followed after them. The room in which we entered contained a large computer screen and key board. John was typing really fast into it.

“What is that?!” I shouted over the loud beeping. Fred was about to answer me but John cut him off.

“It’s a Meta Human Tracker.”  John answered flatly.

‘Wait a what?’ I asked myself. How could they make a tracker that tracks people like us… Wait John’s a multi-billion business owner while Fred is a Scientist of course they could build a “Meta Human” tracker.

“Looks like this one’s located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota” Fred stated while writing something down on a note pad. Something bothered me about what Fred had previously said. So I decided to ask him.

“Wait what you mean by “This one?” “

“Didn’t I tell you? It’s how I knew that you are like us we’ve been tracking you since your powers first manifested.” John answered while shutting the beeping off. I froze at that. I froze at what John said.

They lied to you.  A voice said in my head which I hoped was my conscience.

BAM!

I slammed my fist down on to a table that was right next to me, it split in half. Fred and John both jumped a foot in the air.

“David what the hell was that for?” John yelled at me for breaking his table. He quickly ran over to it.

“Yeah totally not cool.” Fred piped in. That did it.

“Not cool? Not Cool?” I raised my voice at them. They looked at me wide eyed.

“What’s not cool is that you failed to mention that you were tracking me ever since I came to this city!” I glared at both of them.

“Did you set that whole Mugging up John? Did you allow them to hurt that innocent person while you swooped in acting like a hero just so you can acquire me?”  I shouted at John.

“David that’s no-“

“DON’T LIE TO ME” I screamed at him.

“I’m not! Sure I was about to approach you and explain that I was just like you but when I heard that man screaming for help I jumped into action and helped him. I was just lucky that you decided to help out too.  I swear that I am not lying to you.” John came right over to. All I had to do was look in his eye and I could tell that he was telling the truth. I didn’t like to apologize but I was wrong in this case just like I was wrong to judge Mike.

“I- I’m sorry John and to you too Fred I shouldn’t of over reacted.” Fred walked over to me.

“It’s okay I would of done the same thing if I was in your position. We should have told you from the start and for not doing that I-“

“Erhrm.” John cut in

“uhh we are sorry.” Fred turned back to John.

“You know you could actually apologize for yourself?”

“I don’t do apologies. Well not from my own mouth anyways.” John said in an agitated tone. As they were about to get into a verbal battle I just remembered something.

“Wait what about the other Meta Human?” I asked. They both stopped what they were about to do and turned towards me. John nodded for me to continue.

“What if this person needs our help? What if he or she is frightened about what is happening to them and were the only ones that can explain it?” They shot each other a look and then focused back on me.

“Well what do you think we should do? Fred asked me. I didn’t even have to think about that question I already knew the answer.

“Easy we help him or her. We explain what is happening to them and we offer our help to control it. We could form a team like the JLA or something!” I exclaimed. They raised their eyebrows at me like I had lost it but then something unexpected happened, John chuckled.

“David I didn’t know you had mind reading powers as well?” John joked with me. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“I wish!” I joked back. All three of us laughed that time. Johns face turned serious again. He turned to Fred.

“Go get your stuff ready for travel.” Fred nodded to John and left. John turned towards me he cleared his throat and then began talking to me.

“From what I can tell you are a good person. When get back from our little trip though I want you to tell me why it is that you ran away from home David Kurfine” I froze. Shit he must of ran a back ground check on me when I wasn’t noticing.

“Then and only then will I consider giving you a spot on this little team that I have mind. Understand?” He asked me very sternly. I nodded in response.

“Good. Now follow me we have quite the journey ahead of us.”

To Be Continued

In

ORIGIONS: Force Wave