Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I was just about done with my second lap when I caught up to this one girl who didn’t really socialize much. Which was shocking by the way she dressed and looked. She wore glasses but even that didn’t hide how beautiful she was.  Every time I looked at her I felt like I was being drawn in. I thought about approaching her but every time I tried talking to girls I couldn’t find the right words. However that was with popular girls and she didn’t seem to be popular so… SCORE!!! I slowly jogged behind her but that made me look like stalker. So I quickly jogged up beside her.

“Hi.” I said which seemed to startle her because she jumped a few feet in the air when I spoke.

“Whoa don’t sneak up on me like that!” She yelped which I thought was kind of cute.

“Sorry.” I apologized while flashing one of my “Heart Warming Smiles” as my mother called it. However I noticed she wasn’t looking at my face, but she was staring at my body. What about a natural muscular body was so appealing?

“My names David… David Kurfine in case you’re wondering.” I introduced myself hoping to take her attention off of my chest.

“Huh? Oh sorry, I’m Alina… Alina Luv.” Even though we were jogging she held out her hand for a hand shake which I gladly accepted.

“So Alina how come I haven’t seen you around school until today?” I asked hoping that the introductions weren’t the end of our conversation.

“Oh I just transferred in here a few days ago from Excelsior Prep.” She replied… Wait a minute Excelsior Prep? That’s like the Harvard of Private Schools in NYC! Why the hell would she transfer to here?

“No offense but why would you transfer to a lesser school like this?” I asked. She looked at me for a second, like she was going to tell me something personal but instead.

“Oh I just didn’t like going to school with a bunch of spoiled stuck up brats. So I decide to transfer to this public school.” I… I think I’m in love? Back to the story though, we were on our last lap and I wanted to make a good last impression so I decided to challenge her to a race.

“You want to have a race seeing how we’re almost done with the mile?” Please say yes please say yes.

“Um… Okay.” Yes, Score 2!!!

We stopped and let other people run by us. When there was no one behind us we got into sprinting positions.

“Ready.” I began the count.

“Set” She added while winking at me. Must keep mind on race.

“Go!!!” we both shouted while taking off. I must have been sprinting really hard because for some reason everything was so… blurry