Chapter 9

Chapter 9

‘I can’t believe I am actually doing this.’ I thought to myself while walking past 4th street to enter on to 5th street. Now all I had to do was fine the stupid Starbucks he was talking about. As I was walking a police car drove past me. I quickly turned my head so he couldn’t identify me. It was about 3 or 4 minutes before I finally found the only Starbucks on 5th street. I don’t know why but I was beginning to get anxious. I think it’s because maybe I’ll finally have my question answered about what I am even though I’ve only been pondering this question for a little over an hour and a half. I entered the Starbucks expecting to see John waiting for me but I couldn’t see him at all and there were only 5 or 8 people in here. The more I think about it the more the name John Price seems so familiar? Where have I heard the name before?

“I see you’ve found this place with little to no trouble at all Mr. Kurfine.” John’s voice sounded from behind me. How the hell does he manage to always sneak up on me like that?

“Well I did have some but not much.” Wait was I being civil with him now? He led me over to a two person table.

“How do you take your coffee?” John asked me while removing his coat and placing it on his chair. He’s the practically the same age as me but it seems like he’s an adult trapped in a teen’s body. I mean seriously what normal teenager drinks coffee.

“Um… I don’t know I’ve never had any before.” He shot me a questionable look but shrugged it off.

“I’ll think of something for you.” John said while making his way over to the counter. I watched as he smiled and talked to the lady at the counter. He obviously told her the order she nodded and went to prepare them. A few minutes later she comes back hands him two Styrofoam coffee mugs. He smiles at her and thanks her. He turns around and walks back towards me. Hey wait a minute he didn’t even pay her!

“Aren’t you going to pay for that?” I asked while he sat down and handed me a mug.

“Why should I? I own the place.” John stated very arrogantly I might add.