Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Meta Human… I thought after finding out I would be impressed but that just sounded so… corny. Although I now knew the name I was still confused about what we are so I asked.

“Okay so I know the name but how did we get like this?” John and Fred who had been arguing while I spaced out turn towards me I turned to Fred for the explanation since is the scientist that apparently discovered what made us… well us.

“It’s not an easy thing to explain David.  I barely even comprehended how this happened but that’s the beauty of Science it can help explain the unexplainable. Here I’ll bring up my research on the Smart Board so I can explain it better.” Fred grabbed a small remote and pressed the top left button which must have been the power button to the smart board because it turned on. He then did that one cool move in the movies where the person slides over to their workspace in their office chair that is 5 or 4 feet away from their desk.

“From what John has told me you have powers right? Not enhanced abilities?” Fred asked while pressing a few keys on his computer which caused an image of DNA to appear on the smart board screen.

“Um… Yeah isn’t that what we all have?” I asked confused at what he was getting at. Fred turned to John.

“Didn’t you tell him anything on your way back over here?”

“No I’d thought you’d be better at explaining it.” John replied while looking around. Fred just rolled his eyes.

“Oh I forgot you only do the heavy lifting while I do the actual hard work.” Fred replied sarcastically while bringing something about cells on the smart board. Now that I think about it Fred never told me what his powers are.

“Fred what are your powers exactly?” I piped up. Fred raised his eye brows at me but he nodded once he remembered that he never told me. He got up off his chair and went over to a counter that had a Granite counter top. He put his hand on it and what happened next was amazing. His skin turned into the Granite that he had touched.

“I can control and manipulate minerals” He answered my question. I was about to ask him what he meant by controlling and manipulating minerals but he must of seen it coming because he closed his right fist and pointed it at a dart board. At first I didn’t see anything but when I heard something hit the dart board I looked over to it. It was small but as I moved closer to it I realized something was sticking out of the dart board that wasn’t a dart. I reached the dart board and pulled out a granite looking needle.

“Any more questions?” Fred asked while raising his eye brow at me. I just shook my head no.

“Good then let’s get back to what you came here for, answers.” Fred grabbed a red marker from the smart board.

“As you can see here are two normal cells one animal cell and one plant cell.” Fred explained while circling the Animal in Animal Cell and drawing a square around the Plant in Plant Cell which I thought was funny seeing how the animal cell is shaped like a circle and the Plant Cell is shaped like a Square.

“Cells are what contain DNA and Genes that makes us, us and plants, plants. But what if there was another kind of Cell? And what if this cell was the cause of our Powers or enhanced Abilities?” Fred looked from me to John before pushing the blue right arrow button. The screen changed to something that looked like a combination of an animal cell and a plant cell. It’s circular in the middle while its outside is rectangular. It looked pretty cool except for the fact that the middle was made of two circles and a black dot in the center. It looked like an eye that never blinked and that it was always staring at you.

“Wait are you saying that that thing is inside of me?” I asked.

“It’s inside all three of us and anyone else out there that’s like us. They’re not just in you they’re on you as well. All living things are made up of cells. We… We are made up of what I-

“Erhrmm.” John cleared his throat

“We like to call the Meta Cell.” Fred circled the word Meta Cell which was above the picture of the cell. I didn’t get how such I small thing could make me do the things that any comic book geek dreams of doing.