PROLOGUE

"The curious are always in some danger.
If you are curious you might never come home."
Jeanette Winterson

No part of this work shall be reproduced or distributed without the author's consent.

The characters in this book are purely fictional. Hue Castle and its residents are created solely out of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Some relevant facts have been added, which were part of our history.

Note: This is book one of the series and ends with a cliffhanger. This book is intended for a mature audience and not suitable for readers who do not enjoy suspense endings.

Disclaimer: Licenced image is purchased from Shutterstock.com

PROLOGUE:

There is nothing better than being ordinary.

You can smell the flowers, touch them, feel them. You can bask in the sunshine. You can walk on green grass. You can see yourself in the looking glass.

And...

You can fall in love without being the reason for anyone's death.

But I was no ordinary man.

A cursed crown prince who lives a fateful life. He who has everything a man can wish but owns nothing. Who can have anything his heart desires but not her.

She is my dream—the one I cannot fulfil.

My greed to execute the dream has risked her life.

My selfishness has destroyed what I value most. Her!

We are captured and deceived by time, which has become our greatest enemy. We are struck by a spell which has bound us together.

No witch has cast any spell.

I was born with a curse that runs in my bloodline. It has stolen my past, tortured my present and changed my future.