Earth To Bella!

"Earth to Bella!"

Natasha snaps her fingers in my face and I blink. "Huh?"

"You didn't hear a word I just said did you?"

I smile apologetically. "No not really."

She rolls her eyes at me. "I said my invitations are all done for my Christmas party. Everyone has to bring a gift and you have to dress as something Christmas related. Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Rudolf, an elf, etc."

"Sounds awesome Tasha."

"And everyone's gonna write their names on a piece of paper and drop it in a hat before they come in. That way we can pick two names and they can swap gifts. Also, I'm gonna need you to..."

I tune her out again and get back to thinking. Was Nathan just being nice or is he hoping for the impossible?"

"You're totally not even listening!"

Natasha stops walking next to me and crosses her arms. "What's on your mind?"

"Nothing, nothing. You need me to be in charge of snacks and refreshments. I heard you."

She gives me the I'm-so-not-believing-you face. I flash a smile and dart towards my locker. Today is a chill day because it's the day before winter break. So I won't need any of my books. We'll most likely be watching The Grinch Who Stole Christmas in every class.

"Hey sweet thang," Logan's arms wrap around me and he squeezes me tight. "Ready for winter break?"

"More than anything else in this world. No school for three weeks? Hell yes."

I turn around and admire my handsome boyfriend. He's really rocking that dark blue cable knit sweater and khaki pants. His cream colored beanie makes his hair fall into his eyes.

"You look extra cute today," I say when he pulls me in for a hug.

"Mmm but I pale in comparison to you my sexy."

I know he's just saying that. There's nothing sexy about my outfit. It's literally all black. Right down to my sneakers. I did add a pop of color with my bright yellow nail polish though.

"Have you been hanging out with that kid?" He asks as I'm closing my locker.

I jump and that causes me to slam my finger inside. I swear to myself. Without turning around I say, "no. Why?"

When I turn around Logan shrugs. "He seems cool. You should invite him around more often."

"Um..."

"You know I don't hang out with just anyone. But Nathan seems cool."

"I-I, I, um, don't know his schedule. So that's w-why I haven't asked him to hang out.."

He grabs my hand. "Well you should. Don't worry I won't be a jealous obnoxious boyfriend. I just need some bro time you know?"

"What about Chris?"

"Nah Chris has been acting like a dick ever since he broke up with Nat. For his sake I'm staying away. Wouldn't want him to say the wrong thing and end up in the hospital."

I give him a wild look.

"I'm joking," he pauses and reconsiders. "Half joking."

When we reach my class he unlaces our fingers and since we have a few extra minutes he sits on my desk and sighs.

"You know I think my mom and this guy are getting pretty serious."

"That's cute. Your mom deserves someone special."

He frowns at me. "How many times do I have to tell you? He's an asshole."

I touch the little stubble on his chin. "This must really be stressing you out."

"No way! Really? How could you possibly know?" His words are laced with sarcasm.

"Because you haven't shaved your one chin hair."

He grabs my fingers and pulls me to him. "Shut up. I can grow a full grown beard if I wanted to."

"Mhm."

"Anyways," his breath blows against my cheek sending tingles everywhere. "This guy is no good for my mom. He'll never be like my dad."

"Well of course not Logan. No one will ever be like your dad. But you have to still think about your mom. And the twins. What do Peyton and Paisley think of Brandon?"

He releases a low growel in his throat. "They absolutely love him."

"Well then maybe you should hop on the bandwagon," I grab his face and plant a hard kiss on his lips. "That's for looking extra sexy today. Now get out of here the bell's about to ring."

He smiles mischievously and kisses me again. "I think I'm going to need some more of those kisses."

"You're going to be late for class."

"Let me take you into the boy's bathroom really quick."

I push him away from me and he laughs. "Get to class ya nasty."

"Love you," he says across the room. Everyone stares at us.

"Love you too. Go! People are staring," my cheeks flush. The teacher gives him an ice cold glare and he winks in response before disappearing around the corner.

I sit in my seat and avoid eye contact with anyone until my face returns to it's normal color.

"Class I know this might be weird, considering this is the last day before winter break, but we have a new student."

My head snaps up.

"Everyone say hello to Nathan Hemmings."

No... That can't be him. He isn't supposed to be here until after Christmas break. But here he is. Standing in front of the class. Dirty blonde hair and those ocean blue eyes. Staring at the class. No... Staring at....me.

"Have a seat wherever you like," the teacher says.

Don't sit by me. Please don't sit by me.

Sure enough he takes the seat right behind me. I can feel his eyes on the back of my head without turning around.

Calm down, Isabella Marie. Nathan is your friend. This shouldn't be weird.

But it is weird. To the point where it's making me uncomfortable.

"Um, Mrs. Gonzales, may I go to the nurse?"

"Miss Marie you should have done everything you needed to do before the start of class. I'm afraid that's not possible."

"It's an emergency."

She eyes me skeptically. "What kind?"

I give her a pointed look and then clutch my lower abdomen.

"Oh! Yes of course. You may be excused."

I rush out of the class and hurry to the ladies' room. I don't have cramps. I think I'm going to be sick.