Well If It Isn't Coffee Boy

The bell rings and I hop out of my seat, extra excited to get out of math class. I have so much homework it should be illegal. I stop at my locker and shove all my books inside.

"Hey you."

I turn around and Zoey bombards me with a huge hug. I'm laughing in my head because we used to be sworn enemies literally weeks ago.

"I think this is the most excited you've ever been to see me," I say.

Her eyes glow and she smiles wide, "It is."

I pull out my water bottle and stare at her. "What's up?"

"Natasha told me about your Coffee Boy," she blurts. At that moment I choke on my last gulp and erupt into a coughing fit.

"My what?"

"You know, your Coffee Boy. Your Starbucks Lover."

I shake my head feverishly and sigh. "Did everyone forget that Logan and I are together? What if he heard this B.S? You guys need to stop."

She holds up her hands in surrender. "I'm just parroting what she told me."

I slam my locker and rub my forehead. "Well please don't. I'm gonna go talk to her right now."

I weave my way through the crowd and find Natasha slipping into the girl's room. I storm in and frown my hardest at her.

"Honey you do realize excessive frowning causes premature wrinkles right?" She scolds.

"Natasha why are you telling Zoey that I have a Coffee Boy?"

"Because you do, Bella." She applies another coat of mascara to her lashes.

"I don't. Just please stop saying that. I don't need Logan thinking I'm seeing another guy," I whine. "He already can't handle a guy being in his mom's life. Imagine if he thought I was cheating."

"It's a joke. Everyone knows you and Logan are in L.O.V.E."

I laugh. "We are. So let us be."

She shakes her head. "I'm going to Starbucks right now. Are you coming or will Coffee Boy be an issue?"

"When have I ever turned down a coffee trip? Just stop spreading untruths."

She giggles and pulls me out of the bathroom. What am I getting myself into?

* * *

"See he's not even here," Natasha whispers to me from across our table.

My fingers tap rapidly against my laptop keyboard as I try to finish my paper on quantum physics. It isn't due until after winter break but I want to get it done now.

"Good for him," I mumble and sip my mocha latte. "Aren't you going to start your paper?"

She sighs and plays with her acrylic nails. "My best work comes at the last minute."

"You're not lying." It's true. Natasha usually aces her assignments at the last minute. I've seen her do it countless times.

I hear the bell at the top of the door ring but I don't turn to look at who it is that came in. My focus is too embedded in my work.

"Well if it isn't Coffee Boy," Natasha swoons.

I turn around and lo! and behold there he is. Instead of clocking in he stands in line and orders a drink.

I turn back around and continue typing.

"Hey ladies," His husky voice feels close behind me.

"Oh hi Nathan!" Natasha says. A little too enthusiastic if you ask me. "Why don't you pull up a seat?"

He pulls up another chair and sits in the middle of us. He smiles and the dimple in his right cheek pops.

"How have you ladies been?"

"Good," I say while still typing. "You?"

"Trying to learn my way around this city. It's definitely not as complicated as New York but it's not a walk in the park either."

"Yeah, you'll get the hang of it though."

"Hey Nathan," Natasha cups her chin with her hand and bats her eyelashes. Chris would have a heart attack if he was here. "We're going for a bite to eat later. Wanna come?"

Um. I wasn't aware of such plans.

"Yeah sure. Where are we going?" He asks. He sips his drink and looks from me to Natasha.

"It's a surprise. You'll love it though. I promise."

"Okay cool. Let me know what time and the address. I'll definitely meet you there."

"Great!" She quips.

"Great," I mumble. I'm bringing Logan along. I don't feel comfortable with the game Natasha is playing. And I refuse to get my hands dirty.