I Don't Like This

"I don't like this..." Logan finishes buttoning his shirt and turns to stare at me. I lay sprawled out on his giant bed. "I mean if this guy is into you I don't think we should be going. Who knows what I might do."

I roll my eyes dramatically and plop a pillow onto my face. "He's not into me. Natasha assumes he is."

"Admit it. He thinks you're flawless," he pulls me off the bed and into his arms. "I know I do."

I look up into his green eyes. "I wouldn't know. Because all I see is you. And once you can accept that fact then I'll be a lot happier."

"Hmmm," his lips brush my jaw and he growls into my ear, "he's a boy. And boys don't give up that easily, Isabella. Especially on a girl like you."

I tousle his already messy black hair and glower at him. "You're being dramatic. Now hurry up before we're late."

I sit back on the bed and jump when I hear a knock on his bedroom door. He looks at me before swinging it open. Brandon stands in front of the door with the friendliest of smiles.

"Hello guys."

"Hey Brandon," I wave. I met him earlier that evening when he was watching a movie with Miranda.

Logan stands with his hand clenching the doorknob and a menacing glare on his face.

"I was about to take the twins out for ice cream but I can't find the little peanuts. Have you seen them?" Brandon asks Logan.

Logan doesn't say anything. He just stares at Brandon with the hard look. I jump up off the bed and acknowledge Brandon.

"I believe they're in their Paint Room. Finger painting. You should probably go get them before they erupt into a paint fight."

Brandon swallows and nods. "Right right. Thanks Bella. See you later son."

Logan releases a wild sound from his throat. "I'm not your son."

Brandon nods again before hurrying down the hall and down the stairs.

I shut the door and cross my arms over my chest. "You are so rude."

He ignores me and continues to get dress, spraying cologne on his neck. Then he turns around and questions, "how do I look?"

"Like a big jerk who needs to give his soon to be step father a chance."

He whips his head at me and narrows his eyes. "Don't you ever use that word."

The smallest smile plays on my lips. "What? Chance?"

"You know what I mean."

"I'm teasing. Relax," I grab his face in my hands and kiss his lips. "Can we go now?"

He grabs his keys off of his nightstand and reaches for my hand. I snatch it away playfully before letting his large palm engulf mine.

"You're driving me insane, Isabella," he sighs.

"Then I'm doing my job."

We arrive at the restaurant thirty minutes later. I spot Natasha's silver convertible and we immediately park next to it. I open my door to get out but Logan grabs my arm. A little too tight if I might add.

"The moment he looks at you with googly eyes I'm slitting his throat with my butter knife."

I turn to face him. "You will be on your best behavior because there's nothing to worry about. And I would like to have feeling in my arm."

He releases me and lets out a puff of air. I think I hear him mutter something about another love triangle. But I drop the matter.

When we get to the front door Natasha is standing there with Nathan. Why didn't she bring Chris? Does he know she's here right now? I glance over her blue satin mini dress with its plunging neckline. I glance at Nathan to see if his face is in her boobs. But he's looking away. Looking very preoccupied. I wonder what he's looking at before I realize he's looking at me. I look up at Logan and he too, is looking at me.

I swallow and smile reassuringly. He scowls at me. I pinch his arm and say, "Don't start."

"Hi guys," Natasha quipps. "Logan you look very handsome. And Bella, stunning as always."

I blush and run a hand through my tousled waves. I feel embarrassingly under dressed compared to Natasha. My white skinny jeans, pink and white button down, and pink wedges are more suitable for a school day (which I did wear to school); not dinner at Le Roux.

"Thanks," I mumble. "You look lovely."

"Doesn't Nathan look nice?" She asks. Was that a wink?

"Yes, Nathan you look very nice."

He smiles, either not realizing the awkwardness or refusing to acknowledge it. "Thanks."

"Oh this is my boyfriend, Logan. Logan this is my friend, Nathan."

They shake hands and judging by how Nathan isnt wincing, Logan's grip is merciful.

We take our seats on the inside and it isn't packed. Who comes to a fancy restaurant on a school night? I sit across from Logan and next to Natasha.
"So Nathan, where are you from?" Logan asks.

The two launch into a conversation about each other while Natasha and I look over our menus.

"Where's Chris?" I ask, setting my menu down.

"We're on a break," she says matter-of-factly.

I nearly choke. "What? Why?"

She shrugs her perfect shoulders. "He's been distant lately. And then just asked for a break."

I rub her back, "I'm so sorry Tasha."

She shrugs again and sips her lemon water.

The rest of the night goes without incident and for that I am grateful.

I breathe a sigh of relief when I get back into the car.

"I didn't stab him," Logan muses.

I roll my head to face him. "Thank you."

He starts the engine and we pull off. As we pass Natasha and Nathan, Nathan winks at me. I glance at Logan but he doesn't notice.

"He's a boy. And boys don't give up that easily, Isabella. Especially on a girl like you."

My mind swims as I struggle to even my breathing. I know what's coming. And I'm not ready.