Chapter 13

Emily's POV

Today is Friday and I have missed all of school except monday. I was a little scared of Cameron and what people might say to me.

"Hey Emily you ready to go to school?" Johnson asked.

"I guess."

"Hey don't worry we have almost all classes together. Do you by chance know who Nash Grier is?"

"Yeah."

"He has a class with you that we don't and I know Cameron is in that class so stay with Nash."

"Okay."

"You can get through this its only one day you are a tough girl."

"I am wondering can I talk to your girlfriend."

"Yeah sure, I'm going to pick her up on the way to school."

"Okay."

...

"Hi, I'm Lindsey."

"I'm Emily. So I'm wodering if you are okay with me hanging out with Jack. It's just as friends nothing more then that and we would never go farther then that."

"You can totally be friends with Jack. He can be friends with whoever he wants."

"I just wanted to make sure."

"Thanks for checking though. Some girls are really sensitive about that."

... 

"Gilinsky I'm scared."

"Don't be scared. Everything is going to be okay. We have sixth hour together. Nash will be there with you. I can wait for him if you would like."

"Please do."

"I will, just give me a big hug." I did as he said. As we were hugging everything felt a whole lot better, that I have a few friends that will do things way out of their way to help me.

"He's here."

A boy aproached us. He looked about six feet tall with brown hair pulled up in a big quiff. He has ice blue eyes that looked like they could penatrate your skin they were so bright. He was really good looking. I gave him a quick glance. I looked down at the ground, I didn't want him to get the idea that I am into him. I could tell he was staring at me.

"Hi I'm Emily."

"Nash."

"I'm going to class now."

...

"Well, thanks for looking out for me."

"Yeah no problem, anything for a  beautiful girl like you."

"Oh, thanks."

"Can I have your number?"

"Um, yeah sure, its 555-555-5555."

"Okay, well I will text you tonight."

"Okay."

I left the class by myself in front of Cameron. Nash seems a little fishy to me, I don't know why. He is super funny. He will make a great friend but I don't think it will get any farther then that. Matt and the Jack's were waiting outside for me.

"Hey guys."

"Hi, how did it go?" Asked Matt.

"It went good, Nash is really cool."

"Good."

"Do you need a ride home? You do live next door."

"Yeah, I don't really drive to school, Brent or Sam usually takes me. Could I stay here for like five minutes? I want to talk to two people really quick."

"Sure I'm in no hurry."

"Gilinsky and Matt can I talk to your girlfriend?"

"Yeah." They said in unison.

...

"Hey Allison."

"Hi."

"Is it okay that I hang out with Matt. We have been hanging out a lot and I don't want to like take him away from you."

"Yeah it is. I know you have been friends with him for a long time."

"Good, I'm glad, I just wanted to make sure."

"Hi Madison."

"What do you want?" She questioned annoyed.

"I'm wondering if its okay that Jack hangs out-"

"No, I don't want him with you. I don't like him with other girls."

"We aren't going to-"

"No." She stormed out of the room upset.

I went back to where the guys were. It felt strange like there was a lot of tension.

"Baby it's okay. It's okay."

"I'm finished, so we can leave whenever you are ready."

"You are finished harassing my girlfriend."

"I never-"

"Don't lie to me."

"Yes she did." Madison sobbed into his arms. He rocked her back and forth soothing her back and forth.

"I never harassed her she is lying."

"And I would belive you over her. Just leave us alone, I was just trying to help you."

I ran out of the school. I opened the door slamming the button things. I just ran not knowing what I was doing or where I was going. There was a patch of grass. I guess that would be a place to sit for a while.