chapter 7.

Rachel's POV / / / / / /

I sat against the wall shaking.. "here.. drink" said Elena and she sat next to me and handed me some warm tea. "I'm fine." I said. "You need to-" I threw the cup of tea across the room cutting elena off and she jumped as the glass broke. "I don't need to drink! I don't need that or to eat or sleep!! I need damon!! And now he's dead!!!!" I screamed and I felt tears swelling up in my eyes. I grabbed my jacket and ran out to my car.. I got in the car and broke into sobs and hit the wheel. "Dammit!!" I screamed.

Damon's POV / / / / / / / / /

I'm dead. I know I am because I can see my own body. It all happened so fast. Now I'm dead. I'm a ghost. I looked over at rachel and she screamed as she looked at my corpse. I so badly wanted to hug her... but I couldnt.. I'm dead.

Rachel's POV /////////////

I lay in bed trying not to think. But I couldnt stop thinking... he's dead. . He's never gonna be back. I should have tried harder... or done more for us. I sighed and got up from the bed and walked downstairs to see tyler. "Rach I'm so so sorry.." He said. "You were compelled.." I said.

That's what it came down to. Tyler was compelled. He didn't know who compelled him but I figured it was klaus. He's the only original vampire left in the town and the only one who would want anything to do with me.

I grabbed my jacket and phone. "Where are you going?" Elena asked. I've been on a 24/7 watch. There's always someone watching over me. "Out." I said. "Can I come with you?" She asked. "I'll be back" I said and left. I got in my car and drove to klaus' house.

I walked inside to see him painting. "That's beautiful." I said looking at the painting. "Thank you love.. but I don't think you're here to compliment my work." He said looking up at me. "You're right.. I'm not here for that..." I said and he set down the paint brush. "I'd kill you. If your blood wasn't linked to all my friends I'd kill you in a heartbeat." I said. "Lucky for me then.." He said. "Why did you compel tyler?" I asked. "I didnt." He said. "You compelled him to kill damon. Don't play games with me. Just because I'm human doesn't mean I'm stupid." I said. "I didn't compel tyler at all." Said klaus. "Then who did huh?" I asked. "I did." Said a voice behind me and I turned to see a girl. "Rebecca?" I asked. "The one and only." She smirked. "Why would you compel tyler? What did you want with damon??" I asked. "Who doesn't want damon dead? He pissed off everyone. But I also wanted to have you come here. I've been excited to meet the backup doppelgänger." She said. "Why?" I asked and she leaned against the doorframe and shrugged. "You truly do resemble katherine... not as much as elena obviously but the hair.. the eyes.. I see it." She said. "What do you really want?" I asked. "Your blood is the only blood that can break the curse I'm under." She said. "What curse?" I asked. "Let's just say I got on a witches bad side. I need your blood." She said. "Why not take some from klaus?" I asked knowing he had bags of my blood. "I need it from the vein in a ritual. Just a bit. It shouldn't hurt." She shrugged. "What's in it for me?" I asked. "I'll let you live." She said and rolled my eyes. "Fine... I know a way to bring damon back. I got a couple witch friends who will help you." She said. "You got yourself a deal." I said and shook her hand.

**Later**

I walked into the grill and sat by the bar to see jeremy. "Hey how are you doing?" He asked. "I'm fine. Is your sister looking for me?" I asked and he chuckled. "Elena's been going nuts. She sent out a group text." He said. "Oh joy." I said and quick took out my phone and texted her that I was fine. Jeremy laughed. I sighed and set my phone down and looked at him.. "I have a question for you.." I said. "What's up?" He asked. "At a point when I first met you all tyler said you could see ghosts... since Bonnie brought you back that time.. um.. have you seen damon?" I asked hesitantly. "No.. see I have to want to see him and. He has to want to see me.." jeremy said and I nodded. "Is there any way you could try?" I asked. "Of course.. I will later.. in a less public place." He said and I chuckled. "Thank you jeremy.." I said and sighed. " I gotta go.. Elena's freaking.. bye." I said. "Alright bye. Good luck." Said Jeremy and I walked out.

Jeremy's POV/////////////////

I looked up as rachel walked out. "Dude I told you to stop her." Ghost Damon said next to me. "Even after death you piss me off." I said. "She made a deal with Rebecca!! That chick is nuts!" Damon said. "Look.. I'll talk to Elena about it then try to tell rachel. But I'm confused why would you want rachel to not bring you back?" I asked. "Because with Rebecca she's always got some sort of huge detail hidden. I don't want rachel getting hurt." Damon said. "Chill I'll talk to her later" I said and Damon signed...

Rachel's POV///////////

*Two days later*

I stood with Rebecca in the woods "The last step is for you to drink the doppelgänger blood.." Said the witch. I held out my wrist and Rebecca bit into it. I gasped at the pain but stayed quiet.. she finished and I quick put a big square bandaid over the bite mark.. "It's all done." Said the witch. "Good.. here's the numbers you'll need for the witches.. byee" said Rebecca and she took off at vampire speed. "You know what you're doing right?" Asked the witch. "What" I asked. "The way to bring back your boyfriend implys you having to be totally drained of blood. Even if the witches can bring him back there's no way you can come back.." She said and I froze...

I stood in front of the mirror. I was in a body tight black dress with a pearl beaded necklace and black heels and my hair up in a bun. I walked to the checkout. "I'll wear it out" I said and paid for the outfit. I walked out of the store and down the street of new york.

I got to the apartment building and pressed the button for apartment 16 and the doors opened.. I walked inside and up the stairs to the apartment door. I went to knock but the door opened. "So you're the desendant of the whore my father screwed?" Asked katherine as she leaned against the door looking at me.

I sat on the couch inside. "I just need a way to know I'll come back.. and I figured an original and the person on the run for 500 years would have answers." I said as I finished explaining. "Why didn't you have elena call?" Asked Elijah. "She doesn't need to be involved." I said and he nodded. He looked at katherine and she sighed. "She needs it." He said. "Whatever." She said and got up and walked away. "I have a potion I found back awhile ago... Elena was meant to take it when klaus was going to kill her for the sun and moon ritual but then there was a change of plans... anyways if someone gives you the poition the second you're dropped to the ground you should come back human and fine.." He said and I nodded. "It'll work?" I asked. "I can't guarantee it but it should." He said and I nodded.. "Okay I'll take it.. what do you want in return?" I asked and Elijah got off the couch and walked over to a bookcase and opened a little box and handed me the bottle.. "nothing, I wish you the best of luck." He said. "You really are the nice one." I said and he laughed. "Thank you." I added. "You're welcome." He said and I walked out of the apartment. I turned to see katherine. "I like you.. you're smart. You do what you can to stay alive.. you have the petrova fire.. but if you're really smart you'll make sure that you don't let elena and her little friends wreck you plan." She said with a smirk and walked past me....

**The Next Day**

I walked down the sidewalk of mystic falls to the grill when jeremy rushed over. "What the hell are you even thinking!!!" Yelled jeremy. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Damon told me you're gonna die!!" Jeremy gasped. "What? Damon talked to you. What else did he say?" I asked. "He said to stop you! ! You're gonna get yourself killed" jeremy said. "Is damon here right now?" I asked. "He's right there." Jeremy said and I looked at the spot and sighed. "Look I'm going to be fine. I met up with Elijah and he gave me a potion that will bring me back as a human and it'll and itll be fine." I said. "He said he doesn't want you hurt.." jeremy said. "I'm doing this no matter what. .." I said. "You cant." Jeremy said. "Oh well." I said and pushed past and went to my car. I drove to my house and fell into my bed and broke into sobs.

Jeremy's gonna tell elena and Elena's gonna freak out.. it's all gonna be wrecked if they try to stop me... I can't let them wreck this.. but how can I really even stop them.."block it out.." I muttered to myself as I sobbed.. my sobs became uncontrollable and I gasped for breath.. I need damon back and alive.. I care about him and can't just lose him... I need him... "turn it off.." I gasped to myself through sobs......

((((((VOTE and COMMENT for more)))))))))