Chapter 2-

Rachel's POV///

"And the house is yours." Said the woman after I signed. "Thanks." I said and we shook hands and she gave me the keys..

I walked inside. It was small. Two bedrooms, a 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room and basement. But it was good. I carried in the stuff I had used from sleeping in my car and went out and bought furniture.. It took all day to get it all set up but once it was done I flopped on the couch with my laptop and googled vampires there were so many things that people said. It's crazy. I kept looking through stuff and lost track of time and heard my phone ring. "Hello?" I asked. "Hey where are you?" Asked Tyler. "At my newwww house. Come check it out." I said. "Fine I'll be there." He said and I texted him the address. I heard the doorbell ring and I opened it to see Tyler. "Check it out.." I said and he stepped forward but stopped. "Can I come in?" He asked and I froze. "Why can't you walk in without me answering.." I said and grabbed my laptop opening the page I had been on. "I'm being polite." He laughed. "Or are you a vampire." I said showing the laptop to him. "That's ridiculous." He said. "Then let's see you step inside without me inviting you in." I said and he sighed. "Tyler.. What are you?" I asked. "It's a long story." He said. "Explain." I said. "Can I come in?" He asked. "No. Not until you explain." I said and he sighed.

I sat on the floor with my legs criss crossed and Tyler sat outside the doorway. "So it's half wolf half vampire. A hybrid." He explained and I nodded. "Is that what's up with this town?" I asked. "Yeah." He said. "So everyone's vampire and stuff?" I asked. "No. Just some of them are. But there's a lot." He said. "Like who?" I asked. "Elena, Caroline and Stefan." He said. "What about Bonnie and Jeremy?" I asked. "Bonnie is a witch. Jeremy can see dead people." Tyler said and I sighed. "Wow.." I said and he nodded and stood up. "So? Can I come in?" He asked. "Come in." I said and he walked inside.

We ended up talking and had dinner together and then Tyler left. I went to my room and got in bed and sighed.. This is all crazy..

----------Next Morning-----

I woke up and walked downstairs. I was in a old oversized sweatshirt, red and white plaid pj pants, with my hair in a bun and boot slippers on. I started a pot of coffee and went upstairs. I showered and changed and went downstairs. I was in dark blue jeans, a grey tshirt, a dark red cotton jacket and converse. I poured myself some coffee and left my house. I ended up walking to Tyler's.

I got to the front door and pushed it open and walked inside. "Tyler I'm here!!" I yelled and went to go to the kitchen but tyler and one of his friends walked out to the front door. "Well who is this Tyler?" Asked the guy. "Get out now." Said Tyler. "Fine fine." The guy said looking me up and down with a nod and he left. "Who was that?" I asked. "A hybrid idiot." Said Tyler and I nodded. "Why are you mad at him?" I asked. "He's just not a good guy.. Defiantly not someone you wanna be around." Said Tyler and I nodded. "So what's the plans for today?" I asked. "I'm going on a hunt for the vampire who killed my mom." He said with a smirk. "Ohh I'm joining." I said and he broke into laughter. "You? Fight vampires? No." He said. "Why not?" I asked. "You couldn't do it and it wouldn't be good for you." He said. "Why not?" I asked. "Because humans who get involved die." He said and I rolled my eyes. "I can take care of myself Tyler." I said and he sighed and reached in his pocket and handed me a bracelet. "It has vervain in it. Vervain is a herb so you can't be compelled by a vampire to do what they want.." He said. "Who would compel me?" I asked putting it on. "Anyone could." He said and I sighed. "Help me." I said. "With what?" He asked. "Help me train to fight vampires." I said and he chuckled. "No." He said. "Why not? Have you ever stopped to think maybe all those other humans died because they couldn't fight?" I said and he sighed. "I'll be easy to teach." I said and he shook his head sighing again. "Fine. I'll help you. But later. Now I have to go find that guy." He said and the front door opened and I heard people walk in and I looked up to see Caroline, Stefan, Elena and some other guy. "Are we going or not? I have other things to do then wait around all day for you to come." Said the guy and he stopped looking me up and down. "Who's the chick?" He asked. "Rachel. Who's the douche?" I asked and Tyler chuckled. "Damon. Someone's a bit sassy aren't they?" He asked looking at me. "Someone's a bit of a ass aren't they?" I said and Stefan laughed. "Chill guys." He said. "Alright let's go." Tyler said. "Yeah let's go." I said. "You're not going." Said Tyler. "I'll go anyways." I said. "You don't know what you're doing. The last thing you should do is possibly fight off a vampire.." He said. "Tyler I'll be fine. I can take care of myself. Besides there's 4 vampires and a hybrid against one vampire it's not like I'm going solo. Plus I know what the guy looks like." I said and Tyler sighed. "C'mon man let her come with. I'll watch her." Said Damon winking at me and I rolled my eyes at him. "Fine." Said Tyler.