BEL | Five - Breathe

(BEL) Five
Breathe

Gail
Theron.

"For God's sake, don't call me Carlotta." I narrow my eyes him. "And you're not my boyfriend," stupid shit.

He furrowed his thick eyebrows, "Why not?"

I pressed my hands together. "Because you dumped me a year ago, Theron, remember that?"

"I'm sorry," he shrugs carelessly. "I really am."

No, you're really not.

I sighed tiredly as he took a small step towards me. I instantly took a step back.

"What was that all about back there?" Theron questioned. It didn't manipulate my mind for too long for me to know what he was going on about.

I shrugged, "Alpha Rivers was just making conversation. That's all." I knew that wasn't all, I knew that Alpha Rain was disturbed in all kinds of ways unexplainable to me.

He narrowed his eyes, anger flashing through them. "It didn't sound like 'conversation', Carlotta."

I roll my eyes, I see he hasn't let go of his possessive personality. "He was talking and I was talking - do you need a damn dictionary, Theron?"

He glared at me, "I'm just saying it didn't sound like an everyday conversation."

Because it wasn't.

"Well, it was." I snapped impatiently. Trying again to wrench myself from him.

"You know that he's an enemy, right?" Theron's expression showed that he was fiercely serious. "You know that he killed your..."

"I'm aware," I interject, before he is able to finish.

"Hey," he pushed away a stray lock of hair that covered my eyes. "I'm just looking out for you, Gaily."

Don't call me that.

"I know," I focus my gaze directly on a dimly lit chandelier that hung from the ceiling. "But it's quite unfortunate that I don't need your 'looking out for'. I'm eighteen in three days."

"Yeah," he flashed me a smile. "You'll surely get a mate in Mating Ceremony."

I absentmindedly nodded.

Theron suddenly forces me to look into his eyes and acknowledge his heated stare. "If I turn out to be your mate, Gail. Would you consider rejecting me?"

Yes - no consideration needed there, Theron.

Of course, I don't tell him what goes on in my head.

"Theron," I calmly exhale his name as I stare at him.

I couldn't entirely blame myself for falling for him a year ago. His dark tousled hair was swept to the side, and his slight buzzcut at the right and left side of his head giving him an older look. His soft brown eyes that reminded me of my father so much, meaning that I always fell for them.

Yet, he didn't have that perfection that Rain held.

He didn't have that rough and dangerous persona that I have recently found out hungers me like no other.

He was a blonde version of Leona. Only, I'm very certain that Theron can't count as high a number as the number of girls he's spent slept with in a month.

I ran my hands through my hair, tired of preventing any more of my thoughts to steer clear in favor of Rain.

His hand reaching out to sweep the curls that fell around my face alerted me enough to swat his hand.