BEL | Four - Silence

(BEL) Four
Silence

Rain
"Answer me," I snarl in impatience as she carefully stared down at her lap.

"Don't snarl at me," she whispered, turning so that she now faced me.

And immediately she did that, I wished she didn't.

Because her beauty threw all my damn logic away. But, like I said - being illogical was beautiful. And staring at what was thrusted into my face right now, I found it hard to concentrate. I narrowed my eyes at her, and I saw the hurt flash in her eyes. I fixed my expression and made it calmer, if I were to get all the information I needed, I would have to start somewhere. I would have to push aside the hate.

And it wasn't as hard when I was with her.

It was easy to forget that she was as dangerous as I am - and that she was an enemy of all sorts and form.

She was dangerously affecting my logical sense.

She sat there and looked as innocent as fuck. Her dark-rimmed glasses perched on the slender slope of her nose, her beautiful large eyes glaring at me with that same intensity that my eyes held. The way her blood red lipstick smudged almost unnoticeably as she bit on her lower lip sent me out on the edge of a perilous cliff.

I wanted to touch her, I wanted to touch her badly.

But, I couldn't.

I needed to start slowly, I needed to gain her trust.

Because it was always easier that way. I promised myself that she would mean nothing as long as I get what I want - information.

It's impossible to hurt myself with no emotion.

-

Gail
I've never felt so stupid in my whole entire life before.

I just sat there, unresponsive like an idiot.

I returned my glasses to their rightful position as I pressed the button, making it that the engine turned off. Leaving me in an odd silence as I left the cold car.

After accepting that I was going to remain silent, the Alpha had returned to his own car and proceeded in speeding down the road. Undoubtedly, he had already arrived fifteen minutes ago. While I had sat in my car replaying the scenario over and over again in my head. Placing in the 'what ifs' where appropriate and necessary.

Thankfully, the rain had calmed down.

My heels clicked dully on the concrete floor as I walked up to the doorway.

Raising my hand, I push the doorbell. Slightly irritated that it was now nine twenty-one, and I was indeed, late.

It didn't take long for the door to be thrown open, revealing a smiling Marjorie. "Darling, you look absolutely stunning in this."

I manage a small smile, "Thanks, Mar. I'm not too terribly late, am I?" I ask hopefully as she leads me through the beautiful home.

She narrows her eyes playfully at me, "I left a note on the counter warning you to manage your time well."

"Well," I shrugged. Not deciding the tell her about my meeting with the rivaled Alpha, I quickly conjure an palpable lie. "But, you certainly know how bad I am with time, Marjorie."

"That's no excuse," she whispers as we pass several hallways. It had been a while since I'd come here, and it seemed to get more lavish each time. "Luckily, dinner hasn't started. But, most of the guests have already arrived, Abigail."