Mr. Kingsley

Depuis le début

Jamie:  I feel like a king. Please tell me your mansion is as posh as mine :D We'll be rich kids soon! 

I felt happy for them to have gained a great family.  I would survive mine eventually. 

Mrs. Collins told me that Mr. Kingsley works as a doctor in a hospital that's why I have to babysit Dan all the time. He's quite busy but he earns so much money.

I mean I get it that you are stressed out on a daily basis but you can at least be respectful to the person caring for your son for a year now.

I wondered how he is treating his own child. I couldn't imagine Mr. Kingsley as a loving dad.

I huffed and decided to go to sleep, not wanting to know what the following days be like.

..and I started to dream of Mr. Kinsley in a white coat.

********************************************************************

I woke up at 7.58.

Shit , I thought when I remembered I had to wake up Dan in two minutes.

I hurried to the bathroom and got ready as fast as I could. Mr. Kingsley had left two hours ago, so said Mrs. Collins.

And then there I was ...standing in front of Dans bedroom. What if he hates me?

I was nervous as hell to meet a 5 year old. What the heck is wrong with me?

Get over it, I told myself. 

So I took my shit together and knocked.

No response. 

"Dan?"

No response.

I slowly opened the door and stepped into the complete dark room. My palms were sweaty as hell and I swear Mrs. Collins was able to smell my fear from downstairs.

Get a grip, girl.

I opened the blinds and let light flood the room and then I saw a tiny little figure lying in his little bed that looked like a car. He was still sleeping.

I walked towards him. He was really cute! I just hope he likes me !

I layed my hand on his shoulder "Dan? You have to wake up!"

He murmured something and slowly opened his eyes. But as soon as he saw me his eyes shot open!

"Hold on ! " I said, thinking he would start to scream because I was a stranger. But he just yawned.

"Are you my new mummy?" he murmured still sleepy.

"No, sweety. I'm your new nanny! My name is Brooke!"

"I'm Dan! You're beautiful Brooke." 

What a little charmer. He had eyes like his daddy..

What.  Hold On again. Scratch that

I helped Dan getting ready eventhough he refused my help most of the time saying that he's already old enough to do everything himself.

Sure.

But I had respect. He was so little, yet so independent. His Dad was never home and I have no idea where his mum is. So all he has in this house is Ms. Collins....and now ..me.

He must be lonely. Just like I was back in Cornwall. And though I had a brother and he has no sisters and brothers....I felt him and when he looked me in the eyes with his sad brown ones... I swore to myself that I would give myself completely to this little boy to make him the best year ever.

**************************************************************************************

When I dropped him off at the Kindergarten, he waved at me with his small chubby hands and my heart immediately melted away.

This kid was the cutest thing ever. And who knows...eventually, me and Mr. Kingsley might get along as well some day.

Today was friday which meant for me that my work time was actually until 4pm and Mr. Kingsley would come back a few hours earlier. And tomorrow, Ms. Collins said, we would spend the day together at Meridian Hill Park.

The day went by rather fast. I helped Ms. Collins to clean up the kitchen and three of the five bedrooms that this mansion had and afterwards we sat down and had a nice talk in the living room while watching The Bachelor.

While Ms. Collins, whose first name was Sadie, thought that Romeo, which was the Bachelor's name, was "too hot to be true", I found him uninteresting and rather boring. He was nothing compared to Mr. Kingsley. 

I had to stop thinking this way. I had to think of him as my actual 'Host-Dad'.

I don't even know this man and he doesn't know me , yet he treats me like shit even though I'm probably the best thing that has ever happened to his son. Well, maybe I'm not but he could be way nicer to me for babysitting Daniel 24/7.

At 3pm I went back to the Kindergarten to get Dan and on our way back home he suddenly asked me whether we could stop at Burger King.

"Does your Daddy know you like fast food? Is he okay with it?" I asked him. I, myself loved Burger King but I didn't know if it was a good idea going there with Dan, who probably had other "eating-standards".

"He doesn't mind." Dan smiled. "When he wasn't working all day we would go there almost everyday."

He was so young, yet he seemed so mature, understanding what his daddy was doing all day.

"Okay. Then let's go."

At Burger King, we had a lot of fun, which I didn't expect because I always had to remind myself that he is only five!! We even talked about serious stuff, like if he was excited to go to school next summer and even though he only knew me for one day, he told me how he felt and that he was scared. I promised him that everything will be fine. He smiled and then we finally went back home.

Before we got out of the car I quickly checked my phone to see if Jamie or Milkman had texted me. 

But then.. I had 20 missed calls, 9 from Sadie, 11 from Mr. Kingsley. And five new messages.

Mr. Kingsley Home: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHERE IS MY SON?

Mr. Kingsley Home: Ms. Miller, call me back ASAP! Where is my son!!!

Mr. Kingsley Home: I swear if you don't answer your phone you are fired!!!

Sadie Collins: Dear, where are you? Mr. Kingsley comes home in 5 min. He'll be furious to see that Dan isn't home already. Hurry! x

Sadie Collins: Are you okay, dear? Please come home soon! He is FURIOUS! x

DAMN! It was already half past 5.

"Dan? We need to be strong now, strong as Buzz Lightyear." I whispered, knowing that the next few minutes would be hell!

"I'm always as strong as Buzz! " he smiled. Alright then.

We went inside and from meters away I was able to see Mr. Kingsley's furious red face. He was ready to fire me. 

And the only thing I was able to think about was how sexy he looked.