Chapter Four

This restaurant was fancy. There was no other way to explain it. Crystals hung from the ceiling, which according to Eddie were called chandeliers. Instead of cheap paper towels, soft white cloth napkins took their place. I couldn't pronounce half of the stuff on the menu, which made me feel dumb.

"So what was school like?" Eddie asked, sipping on some expensive wine. I think it's pronounced pinenut or something.

"Boring" I replied poking at the chicken Eddie had ordered.

"Did you like any boys there?" He asked, raising his eyebrow. I sat uncomfortably in my seat, taken back by his question.

"Not really, they didn't seem to like me very much anyways" I replied thinking back to when Johnny Templin started a rumor about me saying that half the town could be my Daddy.

"I can't see why they wouldn't. Your a beautiful girl, Luli." He said, with a serious face.

"Thanks Eddie." I replied, shoving a piece of chicken in my mouth.

I wonder what Eddie was like in school. I wonder if he a smart ass back then.

"Did you like any girls in school?" I questioned. He seemed to have the same response I had, he was obviously surprised at my question.

"Wull, I did. They just never liked me back" He replied looking down at his steak, probably thinking about every girl that's ever turned him down.

"Their loss, huh?" I joked trying to cheer him up. His eyes flickered up at me as a smile spread across his face.

"Yeah. Their loss." He said, repeating my words.

He paid our ticket shortly after and walked me to the truck where we sat silence.

"Luli-;" He said holding a lighter up to the cigarette that dangled between his lips. "You like me don't you? Your not like those other girls." He asked, taking a drag. "There's no way, your too sweet" He added, exhaling. I didn't respond, to which angered Eddie.

"I asked you a question" He said angrily, tapping his finger on the steering wheel.

"Do you like me?" I said, turning to face him.

"Of course I do" He said, half smiling. I looked out the window, the sky now pitch black, just wanting to go to sleep.

"I know you like me Luli. Although you try hard not to. I know deep down inside you do. And with that I'll keep on trying my hardest to win you over" He said cheekily, starting up the truck. I looked at him and scoffed in which he smiled because we both knew he was right. Because deep down in the pit of my stomach, no matter how hard I try to make myself hate him, I liked him.