Chapter 34 - Together and Happy

Ranveer POV

It's been two week since Veronica was born and I must say we are handling the parenting life pretty well. We are not the most perfect, but quiet close to that. Honestly, Veronica is a great child. I've heard horror stories of how a baby constantly cries at night, not letting anyone sleep but Veronica is different. She sleeps peacefully at night, doesn't cry too much and is the best daughter I could have ever asked for. I still remember how me and Deepu would argue wether it's gonna be a girl or boy, hahaha! Now it's pretty clear I was right!

D: Ranveer! Where are you?

R: In the bathroom! Our princess is taking a shower so please don't disturb.

D: Oh yeah? I'm the annoying one these days? So mean. You used to love me so much before. Not fair!

R: Come here!

She scooted down right beside near the baby tub.

R: You are my first love jaan...

D: And only!

R: I love Veronica too!

D: Yeah but that's a different kind of love!

R: Fine! Gosh you are so possessive sometimes!

D: Well too bad! You are stuck with this for the rest of your life!

R: Trust me sweetheart, I not complaining!

D: Achha ab tumara hogaya ho to ab challe? Tume yaad hai na aaj kaha jaana hai? (Ok if you are done now can we leave? You know na where we have to go today?)

R: Bus hogaya! Tum jao main aur princess aarahe hain! (I'm almost done! You go, me and princess are coming!)

D: No I'll help you...

R: ok

I lifted Veronica from the tub and placed her on the baby counter. Deepu dried her with a soft purple towel which seems to be Veronica's favorite. We dressed her up and left the bathroom. Soon Deepika and me got dressed and we're off to my sasural (in-law's house). We usually visit (Deepika's mother) Mom's place often but today we had a special reason.

After Veronica was born and we settled down a bit, we realized that Pari and Arjun's engagement had stopped mid way. We were trying to fix up a small family get together where the engagement could take place and decide the date for their wedding. However Pari kept on delaying the dates which made us all slightly wounded, especially Arjun. Today Pari asked all the family which included, Deepika, me, her parents and Arjun's parents to meet as she had something important to talk about. Arjun is freaking out cause he thinks that she might be pregnant and that's what all this is about. He doesn't want to be a father yet and is behaving strangely about it. I have absolutely no clue what all the confusion is about and what Pari wants to talk about. I guess we will find out today...

As we reached home Deepika got off the car quickly heading inside the house. I followed right after her with Ria in my arms. Everyone was already there, but there was also someone I didn't expect to see... Sid!

Pari's POV

Pari: So since everyone is here I can start. This is a very important decision in my life and that's why I asked all of you to come here. I know what ever I am going to say next is going to be a shock for many of you and it will change the dynamics of my relationship with Arjun. I also feel like I should do this conversation with Arjun on a one to one basis but that will create a lot more confusion if I talk to everyone separately. I have to get this out of my system before it's too late....

Deepika: Pari get to that point...

Pari: The point is... I'm in love with Sid!...... And he loves me too!