Chapter 5

It's A Dead End.

Chapter 5:

I saw the lonely girl again in the mall, At the bookstore. My brother Ben was with me while my mom and Kenny were at the baby books corner, Close to the kids books.The green eyes with tears and hair covering her face.

"Why are you lonely??" I asked in a tender tone.

"Are you talking to me??" She asked.

"Yes."

She stared at me and slightly smiled.

"Im just not good at making friends." She said.

"Well, Maybe I can be your friend." I say.

Ben calls me and asks who was I talking to. Since I don't want them to think Im talking to strangers, I said,
"Im talking to an imaginary friend."

I saw her again and she gave me a small teddy bear. I hugged her as if she was an old friend. She felt like one to me even if she looks way older than I am.

"Valarie!! Let's go!!" Mommy says. I put the teddy bear in the backpack and run to her. I saw the girl smiling and walking away.

I hope I made her truly happy.

-----------------------

I saw the silver glint of the knife in the window. That's it!!!!!!! THE WINDOW!!! I still have the crowbar. I heard angry growls behind. I bet it's Amatsuki. I threw the crowbar through the window and jumped out on the ledge, Trying to hang on. I was at the very tip and close to fall.

Think, Think, Think..........

Nothing comes in. All I have is a stupid flashlight, Water, A packet of 4 meat sandwiches. So what good will those things do for me?? I'm about to die. Either by Amatsuki or falling from heights. People are going to look at me like this:

"Valarie Hoffins, a stupid paranoid sixteen year old that went to the abandoned Power Plant for suicide."

I slipped and gripped the ledge. It was still raining but a little less strong. Thunder still crashed the air. The more it rained, The more I started slipping because of the cold rain water falling.

My fingers slipped with the cold wet rain water. My Jacket is with Amatsuki. She gripped it as I went to the ledge. My index finger was the only thing left holding on. I tried hard to hold on longer. My heart beat my chest harder and harder. There are so many things I could've done in life.

My last feeling of hope fell as my index finger slipped. I closed my eyes. What's Death like?? That question flashed into my mind.

What is it like??

I felt myself land on cottony surface. I opened my eyes. Where am I??? I wiped my eyes. Im at the bottom of the Power Plant. Im on a matress?? Who brought a matress here??

"Phew, That was close" a bubbly bright voice said. It was probably Sherry.

"Thank you so much Sherry!!" I said.

I was about to hug her but then, She is a ghost, I walked through and fell into muddy water. I had to go home now. It's 2AM, I have to go home. I waved good bye to Sherry and Keita and got on my way home. The rain was wetting my clothes and it was freezing. I saw Victoria's house.

I walked away quickly. I felt to weak to continue, I stopped and sat on the cement sidewalk. I saw a guy with a blue jacket. He removed it and placed it on me. Who was he?? Why did he give me a jacket??