Chapter 23

*GRACE'S POV*

Have you ever had someone close to you die? Was that someone your parents? It's the worst thing in the world. You feel like your world is gone. The most important people in your life was taken away from you in a blink of an eye. Death hits you when you least expect it. Ever since my parents passed away, I wanted to die. I felt like it should've been me instead.

For the past few days, I was like a zombie. I didn't shower, I didn't eat. Hell, I didn't even talk. I haven't been sober either. I would drink,constantly because that was the only way I could deal with the pain. The house was so quiet without them here. Zayn stayed with me the whole time, just holding me. We didn't talk, we didn't need too. I've cried non stop for days. I don't even think I can cry today at the funeral.

After showering and getting dressed in a black dress, I made myself look presentable. I decided to not wear makeup, considering I would probably cry.

What did the town say about my parents death? Well, they were shocked. They never thought it would have happened so soon. And the drunk driver that caused this tragedy? He's locked up for good. Well, not for good but I wish he would rot in a jail cell. He deserved it.

After putting a black bow in my hair, I slipped on my black heels and made my way downstairs to where Zayn and the rest of the crew were. They were all wearing black. Black is such a depressing color.

"How ya feelin'?" Eleanor asked, standing up and wrapping her arms around me, hugging me tight.

I hugged her back, "Like shit." I said, truthfully. I gave her a weak smile.

"Well, we're here for you." Danielle said afterwards from her position on the couch beside Liam.

I nodded, "I know. Thanks." I said. I looked down at the floor and walked over to Zayn.

"Let's go." Harry said, opening the door.

We all walked out and got into two seperate cars. Liam, Danielle, Eleanor, and Louis were in one Range Rover while Niall, Harry, Zayn, and I were in the other. On the way there, no one spoke. I don't even think they knew what to say, I didn't either.

Zayn put his hand on my knee and squeezed it lightly, causing me to look at him. "I love you." He whispered quietly, kissing my temple.

I closed my eyes at his touch and smiled. It wasn't a real smile. It was one of those smiles where you didn't show any teeth.

Arriving at the church, my stomach was in knots and it felt like I was going to be sick. Zayn helped me out of the car and grabbed my hand tightly, walking inside. I spotted my sister and ran to her. As soon as we wrapped our arms around each other, the tears escaped. We cried into each other's shoulders while everyone were taking their seats.

We finally pulled away and Britney looked at me, wiping away my tears with her thumbs. "Everything will be okay." She whispered, kissing my cheek and sitting beside Jake and and her husband, Darren.

I let out a big breath and walked to where my friends were seated. I stood in front of them, "Well, I guess I better start this thing." I said, playing with my fingers.

"Knock 'em dead!" Niall said and I glared at him.

How could he say that?

I saw Louis hit the back of his head as he said, "You're an idiot."

As I was getting ready to walk away, Zayn grabbed my arm. I looked at him, "Just tell me when you need me and I'll come up there." He said.

I nodded, "I will."

Walking closer to the caskets, my eyes started to water but I blinked them back. My father's casket was open, while my mum's was closed. Apparently, she was in too bad of a condition to be shown. I reached the podeum and turned around, facing the audience. The church was literally packed. I spotted my sister and her family, both of my grandparents, and the rest of my family. My church family were also there and people around the area.