30

"If I could be your escort for that night, Raffy!." He bit his lip and scratched the back of his neck. Awwww!

"Am I hearing this right? The Christian Collins wants to be my escort for a party. Am I having a dream or something? Are you real?" I slide myself closer to him. Very close. He just looked at me. I was staring back. Did they say bright green eyes were super beautiful? Well they're right. Sometimes it even looks like his eyes were some shade of gray or blue. We were just looking at each other when...

"Oww! What did you do that for?" He said while covering his left eye.

"I just want to make sure you were real that's why I poked you." Yup.

"Then why in the eye?"

"Because you were staring and I got distracted. Sorryyyy." Yup. I poked him in the eye right in the middle of our staring contest.

"Uhhh...you are so lucky I even like you." He said before standing up to go get some tissue paper to wipe his teary eye. Uhhh what? Did he say he likes me? But he has a girlfriend, Rachel. No, maybe he likes me as a friend. Don't overthink it woman! Your brain will explode. He walks back in wiping his eye. "So is that a yes?"

"A what?" What was he asking again?

"Ughhhh. You're so infuriating without even trying." I thought you like me?

"Sorry. I forgot what we were talking about." I seriously did.

"You know...if we could go to the party together." Oh riiiight.

"Sure." Yup. We're not gonna date or anything to hurt his girlfriend. He seems shocked by my answer.

"w-what? Did you just agree?...I thought you hated me very much that you would deny it." He said, smiling.

"I don't hate you." I love you! You should love me too.

"Well that's good." A couple of seconds in silence. "Hey I gotta go...See you tomorrow?" He said while standing up. I also stood up and we walked to the door. He stood there for like a minute before saying "I'm leaving now." He pocketed his hands and rocked back and forth. He looks so handsome. There's no denying there.

"Uhm.. sure?" The he walked out.

He turned around again. "This is me."

"Yup." What's wrong with him tonight?

He waved and walked a bit before turning around again. "I'm going now." I smile. This is kinda cute.

"Uh-huh!" He walks again towards his car that somebody brought earlier. He stood there, his back turned on me. He ran his fingers through his hair. Oh what the hell. It doen't hurt to say thank you.

I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around him. "Thanks...for everything." I missed this warmth. I want to stay like this forever. He removed my hands on his stomach. What? He turned towards me and smiled. He hugged me tight. And it felt good. Really good.

"You're welcome." He says and proceeded to the driver's seat. He got out again and said. "I'll see you and your beautiful face next time." He said and gave me a two-finger salute before driving away.

I stood there dumb-founded. He hugged me back. Thank you Gods!

I spent the next day unpacking my things. I didn't want to go to school. I just don't feel like it. All my things were unpacked by the time of four. I should be out of class by now. I have nothing to do now and I decided to have a walk. To see my new environment.

I grabbed my coat and walked out. By the looks of it, it seems like it was a really nice neighborhood. The trees are nice, the people seems like they're nice. It's what you see in a typical neighborhood. People chatting, some walking their dogs, kids running home from school. Seems safe here.

"Raffy?" I turn around and see a witty smile.

"Matthew? What are you doing here?"

"Duhh. I live here with my family."

"ohhh. I just moved. I don't like my old apartment anymore." Liar.

"Zach told me everything." Oh. "I have a couple of butcher knives back home. Maybe you'd like to borrow 'em?"

I chuckle. "No thanks. I'm good." We walk back to my new apartment.

"So you comin' to school tomorrow?"

"Uhmm.. I think so. It's hard to miss some schoolwork." Yup. Been there, done that.

"See you tomorrow then? I was supposed to be home by now. I don't want my mom overreacting and calling the police."

"Sure sure. See you tomorrow Mattcho!! I'll bring the snacks." He waves at me and I wave back.

I enter my new home. I turn on the TV. It makes me feel like I'm not alone. I prepare my food and sprawl on the couch.

Beep! Finally someone decides to text me. I click the message to view.

'Guess what?' What?

'Uhh. What?'

'We're partners in crime.' Huh? What?

'Care to explain what you mean?' I really don't get it.

'I volunteered myself to be your partner! Mr.Smith's class.' Again...what?

'And?'

'We have to do a music video 2gether.' A music video?

'And why is that?'

'Coz he wants us to have fun a little. Blah-blah. Explain it to you tomorrow.'

I didn't reply back. I don't want to appear too clingy. I was washing the dishes when Chris called.

"Hello?"

"Why didn't you text back?"

"Uhh. I have other things to do." Uh huh.

"Wellll....I need some advice."

"What do I look like? A magic 8 ball?"

"Well you are very round." I didn't respond. My eye is twitching right now. "...you there?"

"I take it back! I won't go to the party with you."

- - - - - - - - -