Will I ever see you again?

Kaito's POV

Should I break up with Miku? Is it for her own good? Will she be angry because of it? It's her birthday today. Am I so mean if I really did that?

"Kaito? What are you doing? Daydreaming about ice-cream again?" said Miku with a smile on her face.

"No... It's just that I-"

"Oh look! There's a carnival over there. Want to take a look?"

"Sure, Miku-chan."

Both of us went to the carnival. It was crowded. I hope Miku doesn't take me to the roller coaster like before...

"Kaito, let's go get some ice-cream at the ice-cream parlor first."

"Uh... Okay."

Miku ran excitedly towards the parlor. I walked as I thaught about the words that I should say to her later.

I never wanted to break up with her though but...

Flashback...

"You are not allowed to date that foolish girl, Kaito!"

"But mom! She's been with me for more than 2 years already."

"No 'but's! If you don't break up with her by tomorrow, I'll promise that I'll sent someone to break up her neck or get rid of her!"

"Mom! Why do you want me to marry that rich, stubborn girl? Just because she looks more better than Miku, doesn't mean that her inner side is beautiful either."

"Oh really? She likes you more than that Miku! She also has been helping me with something before and this is how I reply her help! Anyways, I've seen Miku with another guy before."

"What guy?"

"A guy with a blond hair."

"..."

"Speechless? Hah! In your face. That is why I told you years ago that you should break up with her and start a new one."

"I-I... I need to go get some fresh air."

"Be sure that you break up with her as soon as possible, hun!"

~~~

"KAITO!"

I was shocked by Miku's shout. I was still standing in a crowd of people. Miku was standing in front of me. She was holding two ice-creams. One green and one blue.

"What's the matter, again?"

"Who's that blond guy you always hang out with?"

"Oh... He's my cousin, Kagamine Len."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Liar."

What the hell was I saying?! I'm supposed to believe her.

"Kaito... I wasn't lying. He really is my cousin. His twin, which is also my cousin, Rin is planning to stay here for a while on school holidays last year."

"I believe you. But there's something I was supposed to tell you, today."

Miku looked at me with a confused look. I took a glance at the ice-creams she was holding. It started to melt.