Chapter 6: Ray here :)

-This chapter is short (sorry) but another Chapter will be up soon :)

Kristen. likes. me. 

Woah.. I'm still waiting for it to sink in.

This is just great- Brooke messed everything up.

The paper must have fallen from my pocket, its just my bad luck that Brooke (of all people) picked it up.

I've been lying awake in my room for the past two hours, its 4 in the morning now but I still can't stop thinking about her.

*Until 2 I was cleaning up the mess made at the after party.*

I get out of bed, throw on a hoodie and start jogging. I always jog when I want to come up with ideas. Right now I could really use some ways to get Kristen to talk to me.

Its dark outside- a sort of rich indigo blue, but the moon's shining as much as my mom's silverware does (which is a lot because she's a total neat freak). 

It was about 5:30 when I finally came up with an idea. I walked home, feeling a bit better.

I was about to enter my house when I saw her, Kristen. She was sitting in her garden, staring at her phone, I caught a glimpse of a picture of the two of us. 

I snuck up on her, hiding in the plants until just the right moment came up.

"Kristen, Please don't leave."

Tears streamed down her eyes "Don't talk to me."

I sat down next to her, wiping her cheeks with a brush of my thumb.

"Kris, don't cry.. you've got to listen to me." my voice cracked with emotion.

"I like you Kristen, I always have."

She sniffles. "But what about the note Ray? Is that all it meant to you- just a piece of paper?"

"Brooke. Brooke makes up stuff Kristen, you've got to believe me." I plead with her. "The paper must have fallen out of my pocket. It would never be 'just a piece of paper' to me. Every thing you do means a lot more than you think."

She's about to answer but we hear a car pull up. Oh damn -.- I forgot my parents are back today, as are hers. 

I whisper "One last thing Kristen- don't talk to Roc."

She sprints back into her room and I rush through the back, making it into bed just as my parents enter through the front door. I let out a sigh of relief. Phew! So close. I fall asleep with a smile on my face. 

Sun light streams in and I open my eyes, squinting. Normally I'd groan about having to get up at 7:00 everyday but for once I'm happy to get up, it means I get to see Kristen. I eat pancakes, get dressed and rush to school. 

I walk towards my locker, grab my books and look for Kristen. I see her leaning against Roc's locker, talking to him. I walk up, my smile turning into a frown.

"You're really nice you know, pretty too." Roc says to her. "I like that you don't judge people."

"You're nice too Roc, I want to get to know you" she replies.

I stomp off just as she sees me, from the corner of her sky blue eyes.

"Ray wait, It isn't like that- I promise."

"No Kristen. You know how he is. He stole Brooke, I'm glad he did but that's not the point. He stole Brooke from me and then dumped her. He's done that with every single girl I've liked up till now, its his cycle-befriend, impress, steal, date,dump. I told you not to talk to him but you still did. You 'want to get to know him' here's your chance."

I swing open the school doors and leave. Immature I know, It's frustrating though-Roc has gotten every girl he's ever wanted and now he has the one girl that really matters.