Chapter 4: Ray and Kris :)

Ray's POV:

"Bye honey, I love you" Mom smiles "Take care of yourself and be with Kristen please. She's been sick for the past two days now, bad tummy. Call the doctor if I gets worse, okay?"

I smile back "Bye mum, I love you too. Don't worry I will."

My dad walks in, wheeling their suitcases. "Honey relax, Ray's 17 now." he says."Have we got everything?" Don't want to be late picking up Kristen's parents." 

"Yes dear." She says. Looking at me, she adds "Ray don't forget to give Kristen the brownies I made."

I reassure them both and shove them out of the door.

Ahh, home at last! We have spring break at the moment and my parents have gone on some hiking trip with Kristen's parents. They're real wildlife freaks. If Kristen was okay we would have gone too but since she's not I offered to stay back.

Kristen's POV:

"Bye mom, don't worry, I'll be fine" I yell.

"Just in case you need anything Ray will be around." she answers back.

Oh great, Raquan Smith , mr.goodlooking, gets to come over and see some horrible looking sick person. I bury my head into my pillow, unhappily. *Yawn*

I must have been asleep quite a while because when I woke up it read 12 on my clock and my appetite was back. I had just finished showering and changing when Ray walked in. 

"Hey Kris, how you feeling?" he asks.

"Much better,thanks Ray. And I'm sorry, you didn't have to stay back to babysit me. And I'm fine now, really, so if you want to leave...." I trail off. 

"I wanted to stay, Kris. I still do." He grins. "Oh and I got you some brownies which my mom made. You should eat lunch first though and then take your medicines."

"Whatever you say babysitter." I salute him, laughing.

He laughs as well, handing me a sandwich "Grilled cheese and sun dried tomatoes, your favorite, approved by the doctor of course."

"Thanks Ray" I smile.

"Anytime Kris" he says. "Wanna watch a movie now?"

"Umm..sure, which one?"

"The hunger games" he answers.

I giggle "Who'd you think you're more like out of Gale and Peeta?"

He grins at that one, casually draping an arm around me "I'm more like Gale but I'd happily act like Peeta if it means being with Katniss"

I look up at him, wide eyed with innocence "And who would Katniss be?"

He smirks "You of all people should know that."

By then the movie is over, and after checking if I need anything else.. he leaves.

My minds whirring by then, hmm who was his last crush. Brooke, maybe he still likes her- he is a good actor (so saying he's over her doesn't mean he is). A tiny sliver of my mind hopes it meant something else... but I can't think like that. I don't want to ruin our friendship because of a misunderstanding.