“How am I going to tell Warner?” She asked, sighing even louder. I shrugged. I’m not much help in this situation.

“Just say it to him. This could be a ‘Congratulations on your engagement and your pregnancy’ party!” I suggested, smiling.

“You’re right. Would you mind getting him for me?” She asked, making me walk all the way back downstairs.

If I was pregnant, I’d want to have a boy- but a girl would be fine, too! I’d name him Noah or Jonah, or maybe Dustin. If I had a girl, I’d name her Dylan or Talia. I know, Dylan is a guy’s name but it’d suit a girl just fine! Unless Cyrus wanted to name them something else, then I guess we could come to an agreement. Whoa, whoa, whoa… you’re assuming you’re going to have kids with Cyrus? I quickly pushed the thought out of my mind and made my way to Warner.  

“Warner!” I called over the cheering of the guys. His eyes darted to me.

“Yeah?” He asked, smiling kindly.

“Christy needs you upstairs.” I spoke, nodding towards the second floor.

“Is she okay?” He asked, standing up quickly.

“Yes, calm down. Just go.” I replied. As soon as he was out of earshot, I muted the television.

“Wait for it,” I told the guys who were frowning. We heard a cheering sound and laughing. “Christy’s pregnant.” I explained.

“Wow… who would have thought that Warner actually did it? He seems so well mannered, the only time I’d seen him yell was during Football games.” Avery spoke.

“Let’s just wait until Cyrus gets her pregnant.” Sean spoke, laughing at my expression. Cyrus just smirked and sat back, watching my horrified expression.

“Oh my god, no.” Riley said, cringing at the thought. Leila punched his arm with a mouthful of pasta. Although she was pregnant, she still managed to beat her husband and go to school online while taking care of her kid. She was a strong woman.

“Hey, don’t think about her naked!” Cyrus said, throwing a pillow in his direction. He had a thing for pillows. He was always biting them, kidding!

“Does that go for me, too?” Avery winked. I snorted and Cyrus shot him a dirty look.

“Yes, it does.” He fumed. I laughed, smiling at my boyfriend.

__

“Bye guys!” I shouted over my shoulder at the people getting into the cars. We’d see them soon enough, some sooner than others.

“You excited for Warner and Christy’s wedding, bridesmaid to be?” He asked as I nodded my head.

“Yeah.” I muttered. I wish I could be a bride though, maybe not during college but at one point in my life.

“Let’s go for a walk.” Cyrus said, aiming me away from the car. I nodded carelessly. I didn’t have classes tomorrow, who cares if I stay out till 2 A.M.? We began walking until we came upon the beach, my sundress swaying in the sand so I had to lift it with one hand while the other was occupied with Cyrus’s hand.

We continued in silence, watching the waves crash into the sand. The sunset was perfect, colors breaking across the sky like pastel.

“Sit.” Cyrus demanded, pushing me into a chair set up on the dock we’d recently arrived at. I nodded, glancing at him warily.

“What, I can’t set up a dinner at the sunset for my girlfriend?” He asked, smiling knowingly. I rolled my eyes, scowling.

Girlfriend. Girlfriend. When will that word turn into wife? Or fiancée at least? Will it ever turn into wife?

“Here.” He said, pouring a drink into my glass. I smiled, taking the drink into my hands as he placed the food onto my plate. Potato salad, my favorite, honey ham sandwiches, my other favorite, and fruit salad.

“Yum.” I spoke, mentally devouring the meal.

“Wait, not yet,” He said, stopping me from making the dream a reality. “I know, this may seem tacky and overused.” He spoke, making me roll my eyes at his start.

“But you know I love you, and I love you a lot. But I’m getting sick of using the word ‘girlfriend,’” He explained. Was he breaking up with me? Where will I go? What will I do? I can’t do this now; I’m in the middle of my semester! “So… I’ve made a decision that I truly and deeply hope you can agree on. I’m sorry if you don’t agree.” He continued. He’s breaking up with me. I know it, I just know it!

“You’ve changed my life for the better and I hope I did the same for you,” He spoke. Oh, he did more than change my life for the better. “I understand if you’d like to wait, but I think we’ve waited long enough. I love you, Maverly Perkins. But you know what I’d love more?” He stated. I swallowed the nervous lump in my throat.

“What?” I asked. “For you to be Maverly Angelo. So Maverly, will you marry me?” He said, taking a ring out of his pocket. I felt my face turn into a smile, wider than anything in the world. This was the happiest moment of my whole entire life.

“Yes.” I said, reaching across the table and kissing him. After 6 years, the sparks were still there, stronger than ever. And to think it started with a push. 

__

Thank you for reading. I have a bunch of other stores! Some are finished and others are in the process of being finished! I hope you read more of them. And again, thank you for reading! :D I hope you enjoyed it. 

Cover Credit: Shalaylabayla