.13. - The Date

Miranda

Men stormed through the already broken door, earning a smart remark from Kalyer. He quickly apologized, however, because the men were Services. My heart jumped to my throat as I feared the worst. Had my identity been revealed to the Queen? Did she send these Services? The men wore fancy clothes with armor made of leather I had assumed to be dragon scales. There were streaks of orange on the clothing that wasn't leather, showing off the pride of the Palace. Their faced looked tough as they looked around to me. One man came to me and stopped right in front of me. I tried to hide the fact that I was shaking, but it was almost impossible. Kalyer and Ashleigh were eyeing me intensely. "Prince Samuel of Vandana orders your presence this evening. He requests that you meet him in the courts, wearing something nice." This evening? So basically right now? "Please, do not force us remove you." I nodded, looking down at my dress. It wasn't the best dress, but it was still very nice looking. The Service grabbed my arm and walked out of Kalyer's house. 

Prince Samuel requested me? It was probably to talk about what happened. Who said I wanted to see him? After all he was a jerk to me. Yes, he may have tried apologizing to me, but that didn't make things better. That's not the Samuel I vaguely remember. The one I remember was sweet and was willing to do anything for you, just to save you. Who knows, maybe this was an alternate universe of Vandana. It would explain everyone's hostility and the Queen's niceness. 

It was a long walk to the courts that were in front of the Palace. The scenery was beyond gorgeous. The shrubs were kept nicely, flowers of different kinds and colors were planted along the edges of the pathways. The smell was wonderful, it almost gave me a comforting sense of home. 

What was home now? Home certainly wasn't where my father was. Although Kalyer's Ma and Pa are very welcoming, which only happened after they got over me being the Raven, their home just wasn't my home. Kalyer's arms was closer, but it didn't fill it full. Vandana was a dangerous place to stay, no matter what I did or where I went, the sense of home didn't hit me. It's almost like I was homeless, which in truth I was, to a sense. 

Just when I looked up, a dark figure appeared to my left. It was about five feet away when the Services stopped and left me there. Before leaving, they bowed to the figure. So the figure was Prince Sam. I knew I would be seeing him, but knowing he was actually here didn't make me feel any happier in the slightest. "You ordered me here," I spat, crossing my arms. "What do you want?"

He stepped forward once he realized I wasn't going to bow anytime soon. My gaze was kept away from his eyes, so I studied him in the dim lights from the candles. One thing that really popped out was his jawline. It took my breath away, causing me to feel sorry just for a split second. His body was muscular under his loose ripped shirt he was wearing. His pants were black, and they looked very uncomfortable. I didn't know what he had on his feet, and quite frankly I wouldn't call them shoes. 

Sam extended his right arm toward the candles to my left. I hadn't realized that there was a small table set up with some orange hibiscus flowers all around it. Hibiscus flowers were my favorite, how did he know? "Oh, so I'm guessing you ordered me here so I can be a Servant to you while you and your little b-"

"No," he cut me off quickly. I was taken aback by his quick answer. "I invited you here to have dinner with me." You what? "Figured I should do something nice after being rude." 

I walked toward the table. "Well, honestly, you're going a little overboard. But I won't complain." I sat myself down, watching Sam sit down shortly after I had. Food was shortly delivered, boy was it smelling amazing. Smelled way better than whatever Kalyer's family ate everyday. I looked down and noticed it was actually cooked.