25. Love Drunk Memories

Comincia dall'inizio

"What doesn't he do? He got upset because I was out with some friends, he's crazy if he thinks he can tell me what I can and cannot do." She scoffs.

"Good for you Sarah." I smile.

"So what's new with you and your sweetheart? Doesn't he come home tomorrow?"

"Yeah he'll actually be home around five tomorrow morning; I'm ready for him to be here." I sigh.

"I'm sure you are, I don't know how you do it." She chuckles.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask wanting another person's opinion.

"Sure thing, shoot."

"He called me today sounding really off, I know they went out last night and he obviously drank a lot, but I know the way he acts when he's hung over, and there was definitely something else wrong. Do you think I'm over reading it?"

"You might be, but I mean you have a reason. He's miles away and you can't be there to see him and ask him face to face, but you can't just assume something's wrong. Take it from me," She begins.

"I used to over think every little thing, and that shit eats you alive, because you start believing things you put in your head rather than the truth. He's hung over and in a bus full of guys, plus he misses you, that's probably why he sounded different. He's just as ready to see you as you are to see him." She finishes reassuring my thoughts and making me feel a whole lot better.

We opened up an hour later and the rush of people came flooding in making us busy instantly. I was in the back checking on some food when Alex came back calling out my name.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask wiping my hands on the black apron wrapped around my waist.

"There's a couple in booth nine asking for you." She says grabbing a tray and stacking plates on it before leaving.

I scrunch my eyebrows; no one knows where I work besides my friends, I walk through the swinging doors and make my way to the lady I checked on the food for letting her know it was on its way out.

I began walking to booth nine and saw Jaime's parents sitting down laughing and looking over the menu; I smile and fix my hair a bit before approaching them.

"Hey guys how are you?" I speak up.

"Oh hi mi hija we're good, how are you?" Mrs. Preciado asks getting up from her spot and giving me a hug.

I stiffen up at the gesture but relax quickly afterwards, giving her a tight hug back then leaning towards Mr. Preciado and giving him a hug as well.

"I'm good, just a busy morning. How did you know I worked here?" I question.

"Jaime, we talked to him the other day and he told us you worked here so we decided to come check it out." Mr. Preciado answers.

"Well that's nice, it's good to see you two. Can I get you a drink to start?"

I finished serving his parents which seemed to be less awkward than I thought it would be then let the rest of my shift pass by quickly, getting out around five along with Sarah and Alex, leaving David and two other guys Jeremy and Caleb to look after the café for the rest of the night.

"You guys wanna hang out or something?" Sarah asks as we make our way to our cars.

"What do you have in mind?" Alex chimes in opening the door to her black Jeep.

"I don't know maybe movies and drinks?" She suggests.

"Sounds good to me, you guys can come over my place if you want, Jaime won't be home till five tomorrow morning so it'll just be us." I offer.